Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

Well, it took a good 10 days for any real acknowledging to be given of issues that made a lot of people really sad. And while I join the community in thanking the developers for the extra efforts, I don’t exactly buy the explanation given on bugs here and there ,:slight_smile: there was a full beta testing cycle and there is (I hope)a QA team even before that,so broken shaders and wrong textures are not something that they would miss, unlike the math issue that affected the CRJ… Nevermind, as longs as what is said is also provided soon.
Most importantly, Asobo, from now on stop making every version a mandatory update. Please. Maybe if you really need once in a while to make an infrastructure update that must have all players aligned. But not for everyone world update or other kind of secondary feature. For many addon compatibility is more important than seeing better houses in a continent people don’t really fly a lot over.

4 Likes

BTW 60’000 feet screenshot looks amazing, cant wait for that! :aerial_tramway: :cloud:

1 Like

They should make a launcher just like Minecraft where we can select the version

1 Like

Good news !

1 Like

Please don’t forget about AI Traffic. Hope you can eliminate the limits to MLDX models in the next hotfix.

Thanks a lot

3 Likes

I don’t want to rain on the parade of all those who think a Hotfix this Friday will sort out all the moans and groans on this Forum over the last few days . I just can’t see it being done then and anyway the message says a later update not a Hotfix

4 Likes

Also Please update the nav and airway data base it basically makes flying IFR impossible for me

1 Like

Thank you Asobo but please don’t forget about honeycomb alpha yoke reveresed lights bug

CTDs not being fixed until WU6?!!! How about letting people actually use the sim they’ve paid for as a priority and then fixing the graphics niggles later?

:rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Great news! Like most have said, this is all we needed. Some type of acknowledgment, we felt like left in the dark after the SU5 update.

Thank you so much for this and to Jummivana for taking the time in responding to some of us.

2 Likes

The Longitude was one of three reasons I got Premium Deluxe, along with the Barron and Steam Guage 172. The recent JPL 152 mod will probably keep me more interested in the 152 than the SG172. I already fly the PA-44 more than the Baron but if the Baron gets fixes and G1000 NXi that could change. The WT CW4 and CRJ fill my jet desires. But I would really like to do some longer hauls but still in something lighter and more maneuverable.

2 Likes

Please fix the IA plane bug, the world is empty without plane traffic

Thanks for the patch

3 Likes

Thanks for the update and great to see an acknowledgment of what is wrong ( see it wasn’t a conspiracy after all ).

Can I add about the mouse vanishing issue that I suspect is unique to the pc and really does have huge impact on how you interact with the sim.

But positive news

1 Like

I think they need to add those sliders for both the outside the cockpit view and the inside the cockpit view myself since they seem to differ so dramticaly.

But anyways thanks for the upcoming bug fix, I just got the sim working good after 7 months, you better not break it for me again. LOL!

7 Likes

Hi,

as you are from time to time telling Asobo how to program their product, i would recommend this to you: Engine Programmer (Flight Sim) | Asobo Studio

5 Likes

Thank you for constantly trying to make this product better and for quickly addressing issues and concerns.
Please consider feedback received on returning the use of the mouse on switches and buttons to the way is was prior to the update. The highlighting of the switch and the pop-up dialogue box are not realistic. It is also difficult to tune settings (e.g. altitude, speed, heading, etc.). by moving the mouse left or right of the switch (vs holding the left mouse button down).
Thx.
Tim

2 Likes

Remember that feature below is for August 24th (World Update 6). upcoming hotfix, is for LOD terrain and others stuff.

LOD Popping and Stutter when Camera Panning – PC Simmers with graphics set to Ultra will experience this when panning the camera around very quickly. We are working on a new option that will allow you to customize how much off-screen scenery will be cached. We are aiming for this to be released on August 24th (World Update 6).

2 Likes

@CptLucky8 you are by far my favorite poster here on the forums, I have read each and every article you have posted, you added so much value with the LOD issues and the computational equations which could be causing loss of visual fidelity with certain LOD settings.

Thanks again Captain :wink:

6 Likes

I don’t think throwing in extra bugs in this thread is gonna work people. Is it? Cause if it is, I’m gonna look for my list…

It’s a nice communication. But so was hotfix 1. And I am a bit surprised about the CTD remark. Seems to me that should be top of the list.

2 Likes

The message pretty clearly says a hotfix Friday/Monday

As a result, a hotfix is coming in the next few days (target is Friday but could move to Monday) to address some of the issues as soon as possible

and then lists the following specifically as in that hotfix:

• Volumetric Lighting is Missing – This was a shader bug and will be addressed in the upcoming hotfix.
  • Low Resolution Ground Texture – This is a bug introduced when we fixed tree draw distance from high latitudes and will be addressed in the upcoming hotfix.
    Washed out Graphics and Cloud Appearance – Attempted improvements to the cloud appearance introduced an overexposure of the world. This will be addressed in the upcoming hotfix
    ATC Incorrect Altitude – The pressure altitude has been brought in line with the new altimeter simulation and ATC should no longer ask you to get to your current altitude if you’re already there. This is addressed in the hotfix.
  • Temperature Spikes – The previous hotfix did not fix all cases of the issue. This is being addressed in the upcoming hotfix.

Additional fixes are then referenced for World Update 6 and other timings(e.g. CRJ fix “in a few days”)