Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

What do you mean the radio silence for 4-5 days @@? SU5 release was on Tuesday. They announced and release a hotfix on Friday, and then there was another post on Monday from Jayne acknowledging the issues. And then this announcement today. This is already breakneck speed in terms of communication unless you are a single indie dev…

8 Likes

Sounds like we can fill our VRAM up like a hungry man his belly in a buffet.

1 Like

Thank you for this Jayne. I have been very disappointed and critical but this kind of acknowledgement really rebuilds confidence and trust in the product and team. Outstanding!

2 Likes

Thank you for the update and hotfix!!!

Excellent!! Much appreciated communication and looking forward to getting back to flight simming soon.

Great post @Jummivana !!! This I guess is what many people here were waiting for. It is great to see this detailed list of what we can expect, including the pictures.
Hopefully everybody will react positively and not immediately will post: But my important issue….
The triaging that you did is superb!!

Did I already say Thank you?

4 Likes

Thank you, Jayne! I appreciate all the attention you and the moderators have been giving the forum since the release… it hasn’t gone unnoticed.

3 Likes

The Recog switch turns the on the red and green navigation lights on the wing tips, but it is also turning on the tail light, which I think is a bug. And the tail flood should be the one controlling that tail light.

1 Like

Takes time to identify what caused a problem. Then takes time to issue requirements to fix and then code the fix. Then takes time to regression test the fix.

Based on the speed of these hotfixes, I’m guessing several of them were being worked on during launch.

2 Likes

You can do this right - change from “Locked” to “Legacy” in Accessibility

Outstanding! Please fix not having any controls (yoke, throttle, rudder) while right mouse button interior panning. Much appreciated!

I hope this is fixed as well. As a workaround, I changed camera free look to the middle mouse button and then it works, but I prefer the old way.

Good news. I hope “ground texture” also includes building/autogen detail, don’t see that mentioned specifically.

4 Likes

Guess one can only wait. Find it disappointing that it took them so long to respond and do something about it. Its really annoying to go into my graphics settings every time to adjust save and readjust and save to be able to fly!

I knew they wouldn’t let us down! Thanks guys, we appreciate all your hard work and we promise to be patient! Very good to see! Keep it up fellas.

Exactly. I did send support this info but have not yet made a bugreport. Hopefully they read this :wink:

Hello,
May all your fixes be made and delivered ASAP!
Good luck and have fun!

Sounds great. Particularly the option for choosing how much off screen scenery to load up. I detest popping so hoping this will help solve that jarring issue.

2 Likes

What a great relief this communication update from developers have been! There has been so much speculation in these past few days. I am absolutely thrilled that problems have been identified as problems instead of suspected ‘developers decisions’ of which users had to just accept the outcomes.

I’m really glad to learn that you still love your product as much as we do!

It has been quite the online protest march these past few days. I now feel the community was well heard and actions are now taken to all return to a community of enthusiastic simmers and enthusiastic developers. Because I really loved that atmosphere these past few years.

THANKS! All is well now. :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words, I might be often wrong, sometimes right, but I’m trying harder to give valuable feedback and analysis both for Asobo if this is ever helping them, and for the forum users to make sometimes some sense behind obscure technical subjects.

I admit I might not always have the proper wording (language barrier and mood of the day) but I’m always in a spirit of “constructive criticism” even if this doesn’t transpire always. Some are sometimes only reading the 2nd half of “constructive criticism”, but having contributed for 20 years to building this industry which was nascent back then, and having contributed to the enjoyment of thousands of simmers with our renowned uttermost quality of add-ons, I can’t help wanting the best for this franchise, even if the contrary is not true…

14 Likes