Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

Please take VR into consideration. Performance improvements which were visible in previous builds, may not have made it into SU5.

20 Likes

World Map history no longer works:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/world-map-history-no-longer-works/415747

10 Likes

I sincerely hope some CTD work is going into the hotfixā€¦ The note makes it sound like that is all going to SU6, and asking us to sit on broken software for that long is completely unreasonable.

The rest of the update is good news. Wish they would have spoken sooner, but at least we know they are there.

2 Likes

Thank you. Honestly, 99% of the frustration here could have been avoided with just a modicum of communication. We can tolerate problems that occur in the development process a lot better and a lot easier if we have at least an inkling that Asobo/MS are aware and looking at it. The radio silence for 4-5 days after the update was in fact a bigger problem than the update itself.

As they say, relationships are built on communication.

74 Likes

Thanks Team! I hope fps will not be (too much) impacted by those fixes! :wink:

CTRL+E no longer starts the TBM. That would be a good addition to this weekā€™s hotfix. Thanks.

2 Likes

You might be making assumptions.

Legacy mode is indeed being looked at - we didnā€™t have a big update for it for this particular post but they are looking at all the feedback on it and are making adjustments accordingly.

64 Likes

I donā€™t see the black avionics screens on that list . Itā€™s happening big time on the Xbox and the pc where they shut off ! Please address this issue.

6 Likes

Happy to see that issues I suspected were bugs actually are, like the ground textures.

5 Likes

Thank you all so much for the hard work and feedback on this. Iā€™m personally in a career where I can see the small impact one change of code could have on so many other factors. This is a work in progress, and I think most reasonable people will understand that things happen. I think what happened was the delay in communication/last minute changes left a lot of simmers and third party developers frustrated and discouraged. Iā€™m hoping this can be a place where we all come and respectfully discuss our views, without attacking anyone, but the communication needs to be mutual.

That being said, ATC goes radio silent after a while of IFR flights when the AI copilot is manning the comms, and Iā€™m not sure why. Is this something the developers are looking at?

Best Regards!

5 Likes

This is wonderful news! Thank you so much for the update.

1 Like

Indeed, fixing the CTDs and improving stability should be the main priority.

7 Likes

Thanks Jane. This clearly shows that the team cares. Great work, looking forward to the fixes!

6 Likes

No CTD fixes in this upcoming hotfix?

1 Like

I think there are a lot of people that are worried what will happen when SU6 rolls out. This one was hard on a lot of people. Is there a plan to do this better?

8 Likes

A much needed communication.

I second the idea to give PC players the options to use their RAM and VRAM as they wish. I think Rockstarā€™s games does this really well by giving you a virtualization of how much VRAM/RAM each graphical option will cost. It makes no sense for players with 64GB ram to only use 10GB of it with constant load/re-loading of scenery on Max setting.

30 Likes

The only thing I will ask you is to test it, relentlessly. Be it Friday, Monday or even the other Friday. Test it and release a quality hotfix this time.

11 Likes

Will the FPS be affected?

6 Likes

would like to know when HOTAS is going to be fixed along with settings being reset?