Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

That’s what we have been saying for every patch since launch🤔, so tough luck.

1 Like

CTDs are a big beast and often have multiple use cases with very specific needs - they take much longer to identify and fix. They are working on it daily and also see CTDs as highest priorities.

60 Likes

Great news and thanks for the communication. I knew it would all get sorted.

3 Likes

Thanks, this is great news!

Please dont forget the shimmering AKA aliasing AKA jaggies on autogen buildings and trees that are somewhat in the distance. This just awful in VR and pretty much the worst issue for myself and many other VR users. It’s extremely immersion breaking.

EDIT: And not just a huge problem in VR it seems, but in flat mode too.

31 Likes

‘ * CTDs – We are currently investigating and are planning on several fixes for World Update 6.’

I would also like to know what CTDs exactly will be fixed and if they have actually found what is causing them, as I haven’t been able to start a flight since the SU5 was released.

MSFS always crashes when I enter the world map or click Fly.

1 Like

Yes I confirm !

1 Like

The biggest complaint that many of us have is the shimmering of things like a forest of trees and rows of houses as you fly along, looking down at the landscape. It looks like the scenery is crawling with something alive instead of just stationary. It looks awful and this started with SU5.

18 Likes

Thats awesome news thank you Jayne

3 Likes

So server load is not the reason for decreased texture quality?

Thank you so much, these hot fixes look amazing. The off-screen data caching is a great work around for the people who have the hardware for it. The negativity the last few days has been really unfortunate but it’s great to see such a prompt response regardless of that negativity. This update all around is amazing! Makes the game totally playable in vr.

3 Likes

Thanks @Jummivana for the info, really appreciate it. Looking forward to getting everything sorted.

3 Likes

Thank you. Please also look at all the bush trip related issues.

5 Likes

Hopefully they will be fully fixed, since last tuesday I haven’t been able to start a flight.

1 Like

It is bad when not using VR also. The shimmering is terrible.

11 Likes

Thanks for providing us with an update. the priority should be CTD which I am glad is being looked at. Textures was right at the bottom of my list of things to care about right now. hopefully I can limp along till the next Update! I think some of the CTD issues might be to do with the sim connect tool? not sure if its 3rd party addons that cause it.
as for the updates, does Asobo test the update first? including the obvious addons like the FBW a320?

4 Likes

Thanks, the MSFS Team is doing a great job :+1:

5 Likes

Yep, this is one of tye worst bugs of SU5

1 Like

Dear developers
Great request to make clouds more detailed for PC
or the ability to install as high as possible in terms of cloud quality for powerful video cards

there is more

Increase memory and video usage for PCs

Thank you very much for your work and for the opportunity to have flight experience.
Looking forward to fixing issues after SU5

11 Likes

Great news. So only 1 month I can’t/couldn’t play my 120€ game because of the CTDs introduced with SU5…

1 Like

Will the inflight map be reworked, too?
I could not find any news mentioning the inflight map.

Currently it is devoid of almost any map features like roads, highways, forests etc and the isolines are few and blocky.

Cheers!

2 Likes