Official Discussion: Upcoming Hotfix Announcement

“Patience is not simply the ability to wait – it’s how we behave while we’re waiting.” – Joyce Meyer

Yeah, that “Xbox ruined the sim for PC” thing didn’t age well…

33 Likes

you are working hard! i have been silently waiting for months for your continuous and excellent updates! thankful for all your hard work… I will NEVER complain again as I made clear a long time ago. The work you are doing is really great so thank you very much!

4 Likes

Any word on the missing or bugged and glitched out jetways at airports? The missing terminals at most airports? This is my biggest complaint at the moment.

3 Likes

The crashing to xbox homescreen and the airliners avionics going out need to be addressed too ASAP

4 Likes

True, but we’ll have to wait to see how all those changes actually get implemented. Not being pessimistic, just reflecting on how the PerformancePlus update was touted as being a dramatic improvement before its release. It was in some areas of course, in others, not so much.

Still looking forward to it of course.

7 Likes

Thanks for this update. In truth many in the community needed to hear this.

It could perhaps have been preceded at least with some earlier communication indicating that these issues were indeed on the radar?

No mention of issues with Edinburgh and possibly other WU UK or whether these are server load related and no mention of UI scaling and changes issues but I’m hoping that these are also being looked at and a statement will clarify what’s going on with Edinburgh’s floating castle.

4 Likes

Thanks for the response (finally), I’m still shocked it took you a week when clearly these issues would’ve been present to anyone at Asobo/Microsoft when playing the game themselves.

Finally I’m concerned that VR is being ignored, again, it may well not of been important enough to warrant a section in this announcement but it needs to be addressed.

6 Likes

Fix the broken AI co pilot, I like having it land for me but I’ve only had it land on the runway 50% of the time

5 Likes

World Update 6. Not Sim Update 6.

1 Like

But… But… But…
I was told Asobo only cared about xbox and they dumbed down the PC version.

Who should i listen to now that they said they will release a new hotfix?

/s

10 Likes

I agree if this could be looked at the late spawning and lack of lights on AI/Live traffic. There is multiple threads out there discussing it.

4 Likes

Hi! It is important not only high altitude but low altitude ground texture. And scenarios are getting worse. It is important to get them back.

1 Like

this looks good, i do have some suggestions examples… being enable to turn-off the ai pilot completely thru general settings > misc or something like that, and maybe add a new setting checkbox in the graphics tab to disable or enable film grain… anw it looks promising!

2 Likes

Thank you. I am using an unofficial addon but the other guys using consoles still have this problem.

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed update. Please be sure to test in VR as many of the new problems are super obvious in this mode and very bad as extensively discussed :+1:

I imagine it has been quite a stressful week at asobo towers :smiley:

6 Likes

Love you guys! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :kissing_heart:
But ■■■■, now i want to cancel my holidays… :laughing:

2 Likes

Sure, nice to hear. Feel like a mouse in a trapp. How can such errors happen when millions of people have to download 50gb and then get a correction 7 days later, the result of which I do not know ?

Great to hear some meaningful communication from ASOBO at last.

This is very encouraging and indicates to me not only that they are aware of issues but also that they want to put those issues right.

I have complained many times about their communication deficiencies but give them 10 out of 10 for this announcement.

I don’t mind waiting until Monday either.

10 Likes

Good news ! Thanks for the info… looking forward, especially the lighting and LOD popping corrections :+1:

4 Likes

As far as the washed out visuals go I’m sure these new fixes will go some or all the way to fixing things.

For general VR performance I think thats more of a longer term project. I think they did say they’ve going to look at VR later this year with an update. It needs more than just a few quick fixes. It does need some love for sure.

6 Likes