[OFFICIAL] Looking for Tour Guides and more for Community Twitch Streams

Hey all! Every week, @simtom2 and I host a community fly in on the Official Twitch Channel on either Thurdays or Fridays usually at 1800Z on https://www.twitch.tv/msfsofficial.

Currently, we are looking for a few types of users to join us for a stream or two! We would love to highlight different areas of the world more and want to bring in locals to talk about their city or country. Here is a description of what we are looking for:

1. Tour Guides - We are looking for simmers who know a certain area of the world pretty well (ex. Hong Kong, Tokyo, London, etc.) and wouldn’t mind being on voice (or cam) as you describe some of the landmarks and other features while we fly around the area.

2. Community Members - We are also looking to add in new voices and faces to the community call during the stream. We love interacting with new members and would love if you joined us! This is relatively easy - and you can be on just voice or camera, whatever you are comfortable with. You fly with us on stream and enjoy the views.

To express interest in the above, please fill out this form:

Thank you so much!

8 Likes

Don’t be afraid to join, the community streams are always an exciting coming together and it’s fun as well. See you soon aboard one of our streams! *pizza not included

7 Likes

My classes begin on Monday so since it’s the start of the new quarter and mostly online due to COVID-19 I will need to get schedule. Otherwise I would love to plan and show the beautiful state of Washington. We will see on schedule. Thank you for allowing the community to take part.

3 Likes

Hello Jayne and Tom,

I’m definitely interested in participating! I’m an IRL pilot and avid world traveler (or at least I was pre-COVID), so this sounds right up my alley. I’m happy to be on both voice and camera. In terms of local knowledge, I have lived in the following parts of Canada:

• Nova Scotia and New Brunswick where I grew up and learned to fly
  • Calgary (and nearby Banff National Park) where I live now

As a traveler, I have visited the following places. Obviously I’m not as knowledgeable as a local expert, but I could share some insights from a tourist’s perspective:

• Canada: Prince Edward Island, Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Victoria
  • USA: Boston, New York, Washington DC, Miami, Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, San Diego, Honolulu
  • Panama: Panama City, Panama Canal
  • Ecuador: Quito, Manta
  • Peru: Lima
  • Chile: Santiago, Valparaiso, Arica
  • Iceland: Reykjavik, Golden Circle, Blue Lagoon
  • Norway: Bergen, Geirangerfjord
  • UK: London, Southampton, Shetland Islands
  • Faroe Islands
  • France: Paris, Caen, Normandy, Mont Saint-Michel
  • Netherlands: Amsterdam
  • Italy: Rome, Naples, Amalfi, Positano, Sicily
  • Greece: Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Rhodes
  • Tanzania: Mount Kilimanjaro, Serengeti National Park, Ngorongoro Crater
  • Japan: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Nara, Kobe, Hiroshima
  • Taiwan: Taipei, Kaohsiung City
  • Vietnam: Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon), Da Nang, Ha Long Bay
  • Hong Kong
4 Likes

Real life Private Pilot

I have experience with the New England area (mostly CT, MA, RI)

I would be willing to add commentary. Would we be allowed to add a quick promotion (like a quick shout-out) to our YouTube/Twitch channel?

3 Likes

How about the birth place of the atomic bomb? Los Alamos…

1 Like

It would be fun to fly over the thousands of ground-test craters in NV

1 Like

I filled the form out and flew on todays event. Let’s see what they say.

1 Like

Since we’ve been doing the most GA of GA planes on these community streams, can we get some airliner love too? Every 1 in 8 streams is fine with me.

Can someone lead a A320 event through some nice photographic cities? We apparently have some unemployed real A320 pilots over on youtube doing their thing.

• East coast USA has them very close together. DC to NY?
  • Southern California and Vegas, huge sprawl of suburbs and you can get a view of the strip in vegas
  • Unfamiliar with Europe/Asia routes within the 2hr window so maybe someone can help me out. there
1 Like

Can you give us a tour around Liverpool area while speaking in the Scouser accent? :slight_smile:

I can possibly do a faux Cockney accent, but I don’t think I’m a good enough actor to pull off a Scouser accent. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The “Emma Tour” flights were fun. https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Emma+tour&CatID=fs2004misc&Go=Search

I Signed Up!
Cant Wait To Give You Guys a Tour Of Egypt :heart_eyes:

get your notebooks ready peeps

1 Like