[OFFICIAL POLL] Connection Problems? [16 April 2022 and ongoing]

Having the connection problem ressurfacing after 1 months without any problems. Seems like the trick with the regedit doesn’t work anymore. This is getting really annoying.

I think the ‘trick’ is grin and bear it, or just keep relaunching the sim over and over until you get past it. It seems that no matter what ‘magical’ trick you pull one to make things work, the next day or two it will quit working.

Ive resorted to if it runs good when I launch I’ll play, if its running terrible screw it Im done with it. Just counting the days until the competition comes out. Then we’ll decide which way to go once and for all.

1 Like

Today. Still having Connection Issues.

Last night was terrible. I only had a couple of short flights where I was beta testing an in development plane for someone. I kept getting the disconnection message on and off through both flights.

After, I was sitting on the home screen while I was discussing stuff with the plane’s creators on Discord, and throughout that time. I could see my Marketplace panel going from normal to grey (offline) and back. And it was like this for at least a good hour.

It would be nice if Microsobo actually did something about this. They created a poll and got their results, but 6 weeks later, we’re still at the same place with no fixes to this problem.

1 Like

This issue is SO frustrating

Getting worse flying into KBUR. Lost connection multiple times on 10-15nm final

It’s very clear that the problem is server side, capacity and/or resiliency. Asobo really need to get this fixed, it seems to be the cause of not just connection errors but also stuttering, intermittent poor PG experience in areas that have otherwise good PG, and probably some of the CTD we get.

I also agree with other posters on this thread that the client should not be so badly affected by problems with server side performance and availability and should continue to work fluidly just with degraded visuals or live data, and never crash or raise blocking popups that stop the flight. This is important because even if Asobo fix the broken servers, there will always be some users with an unreliable internet connection and the game should work for them too.

Until Asobo get on top of this situation it’s going to continue to be a case of rolling the dice whether the sim works at a time or doesn’t, probably largely driven by the number of players active at that time - so inevitably worse around major updates or DLC when players are most active.

3 Likes

Just got the disconnected from online services thing in the middle of a flight, promptly reconnected, then I escaped out to the data settings menu and it basically took 5 minutes to turn the bing world graphics setting back on. Really hope they start devoting the necessary resources to getting these intermittent server issues under control.

1 Like

After lots of flights, all if them with connection problems, I believe that most if not all of the connection problems occur when overflying or approaching an airport. So, my guess is that it would have something to do with weather or atc. Any thoughts/opinions?

I have at times when having problems with lag, I have turned off live weather and it made a difference, but there have been just as many times that it did nothing. Sometime turning PG off and on will get it working again, but again some times not.

Now I hear the thing that really works in the nekid goat dance, and you can only do it during a full moon, and besides where the heck are you supposed to find a nekid goat? Bwhahahaha!

I’m still getting this warning very frequently, and nearly every time when I’m just returning to the menu. Hopefully it is still being looked into.

happened in Southeast Asia server too.

Good day, I am also facing this problem, it all started after sim update 9. The problem is random - I can fly a two-hour flight without problems, but sometimes the error appears every 5-10 minutes. This does not depend on: the choice of the server in the menu, the place and time of the flight, switches in online settings. The only thing that helps is enable VPN (Frankfurt location), then the error happens every 30-45 minutes. I hope this issue will be fixed in the next update.

Yes, for me this problem came with SU9 too. It’s very annoying. I had 8 disconnections in a row yesterday. Very frustrating.

Constant disconnect/reconnect here too last week. Been getting it every few minutes on my flight last night.

didn’t see this long time. instead of it i had alternative to ignore or ok. yesterday this crazy auto change settings back

I had one of the connection problem dialogue boxes appear last night as soon as the sim loaded, and the main menu appeared. :slight_smile:

It disappeared again a few seconds later all by itself.

All today I’ve come across this.

MSFS cannot find the connection. Internet is connected and surprisingly Windows is reporting it also as connected this time.

Clearly the internet is working on my end…

Finally after another restart I managed to load in just now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.