[OFFICIAL] Real vs. Sim Screenshots

Wow, beautiful bridge and area.
One thing that was brought up in the last Q&A were the rounded mountains - they are working on it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep and the trees.

You can see the it’s similar to what Seb described for Courchevel where the trees are like dense conifer trees instead of fluffy cottons

1 Like

Hear you there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I made a few improvements to Tri-State Aero, my home FBO, at KEVV.
Before and after …

Do with them what you will.

2 Likes

Monument Valley, USA

15 Likes

Really nice work! Did you use Blender ? I am just getting started too, and modeled my first control tower for my home airport of KMDW ( Chicago Midway), but im trying to figure out the basics, like how to set up the control tower glass material for the lookout, and texturing.

Do you have any links you could share for how you modeled those objects. They look great!

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah, learned Blender, in sort of a need-to-know fashion. Say I wanted to figure out how to make a curved roof on the hangar. I just went to YouTube and found a tutorial. I didn’t do all that much complicated stuff to it (Id like to make the window glass reflect) because I just wanted to get something on the ground for my own personal use. Also, don’t think I fully comprehend how the PBR texturing works, and Im sure some Blender guru would find a lot about it that’s not very “elegant.” But at least it looks like the FBO when I do fly around my home city.
What I think is really cool, is the whole process of pulling Google date with RenderDoc, importing it into Blender and exporting it into sim. I did that for many of the landmarks in downtown Evansville, where I live.
Anyway, I have to be careful because before long I’m doing what I said I wouldnt with this new sim … spending too much time tinkering and tweaking and not enough flying. Still, it is kinda fun to see something you model come to life in the sim. I did it alot in X-plane.
Take care.

1 Like

These are a few of the downtown evv I build up using RenderDoc. Looks great at altitude.

2 Likes

This is Iseo Lake; Italy. REX Weather vs real camera.

Same, no? :money_mouth_face: :smirk:

5 Likes

In this video, I compare Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 against real life in the Cessna 172 during my recent flight in Pattaya, Thailand. Can you tell the difference?MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR VS REAL LIFE IN THAILAND | SIDE BY SIDE | CAN YOU TELL THE DIFFERENCE? - YouTube

New place for me to visit in the sim. Stunning

1 Like

Run Forrest, Run!

amazing job! I am still stuck on trying to figure out the texture part of things. Also, still dont know what to do with the Control Tower glass, how to make it look like a glass material. But your buildings look awesome, and so do those google map 3d buildings! i would love to do that for parts of Chicago where i live. Make it look uber-realistic

ZURICH PAYWARE BY FSDREAMTEAM

5 Likes

15 Likes

unreal! love all the effort put into recreating these images!!

3 Likes

Cornwall, Hayle. Aerial view of the estuary in MSFS2020, high tide

Cornwall, Hayle. Aerial view of the estuary, low tide https://www.rspb.org.uk/reserves-and-events/reserves-a-z/hayle-estuary/

Baron up there, looking land inward… what a view :heart_eyes_cat:

7 Likes

Update 1.13.17 installed, no change. Just a reminder :smile_cat: Greenwich view on London is still partially flattened, making London look like a park (trees are not affected !)

See discovery by DronkeyKlong in London eaten by giant cockroaches

Real life Greenwhich aerial,

With ORBX London scenery removed and from some distance it looks like this from the sim,

3 Likes

Krakatau Vulcano crater lake :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

gettyimages-1094386288-640x640

Robinson Crusoe Island, or Isla Juan Fernandez is a few hundred miles off the coast of Chile, in the South Pacific. This is a nice example of “uncharted territory” in the world of MS2020. No handcrafted scenery, elevation only, grass and moss-like textures. From a height it looks like this

Below is a nice (telelens) picture of the western end of the island, which is wild territory. I found this image on the website of a Chilean travel agency,

Below is how it looks like in MSFS2020, medium quality settings, drone zoom to 71% to get the angle right… elevation is rounded, but quite accurate… land-sea borders seem somewhat flattened and there are the usual issues (snow-like water crawling up the coastline, or holes that seem to contain water)

NOTE: there exists a Chilean mod for this island, the airport on it is refurbished, but the rest of the scenery is similar… and your airplane is parked at a strange spot on takeoff… I removed it after install, it does not improve the match.

6 Likes