[OFFICIAL] Real vs. Sim Screenshots

Southampton from above

14 Likes

Nijmegen, The Netherlands (aerostockphoto.com)

Trees could use some upscaling, Nijmegen is traditionally quite green, so trees in the city are old. A painful detail: the railroad bridge over the Waal has disappeared in the water… and the other bridge is not really the same signature…

5 Likes

Big Sur, California (under San Francisco)

Medium settings for landscape and textures, LOD=100

2 Likes

Here is a recent video I made flying into Sedona, Arizona, landing on runway 3 compared to real footage landing at the same airport. I’m still a bit of a beginner :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivdm0Jgdy4w

3 Likes

Funny idea to show 2 landings… you did a good landing, with that stormy wheather !

I’ve some new pics for the London-Greenwich vicinity… it’s definitely improving ! there is even traffic now :relieved:

`

Seen from the river

Buildings on ultra, texture high, anisotropic filtering on - for handcraft it does not do much, that is already textured properly. Trees improve (very) on ultra…

English wheather…

RL

6 Likes

This month in the Alpes.

14 Likes

Departing from Ushuaia International Airport (SAWH)

8 Likes

Nice. Do you have a link for the white panel, or is this your creation?

I visited the new Icelandic volcano at Fagradalsfjall - in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. The landing was made in the new free Airbus Helicopter H 135.Vulcano

Vancouver skyline… with and without photogrammetry

(PG)

(No PG)

5 Likes

Lake Salda in Burdur/Turkey

1 Like

I used to be fortunate enough to spend quite a bit of time in Entebbe. It’s a lovely place, wish I was back there now… lunch at the Lake Victoria Hotel or the golf club, then a few bottles of Chairmans ESB in “The 4 Turkeys” bar :smiley:

5 Likes

Katwijk aan Zee, Alexandersluis, Nederland

Note the huge difference in the tides: on the above RL image from Wikimedia, high tide, the sim shows low tide. Strange thing is, shown by the sim, there is a house in the flood line, on the beach. Several houses… although the Dutch tend to gain land on the North Sea, they would build a dike before building houses :smile:

The Tokyo Tower seen from the highway.

13 Likes

Blanca Lake one of my favorite hikes in the entire PNW shown within the sim and a pano I took from a hike I did there in 2017. Just need some terrain fixes in the sim and it would look almost exactly alike.

1 Like

Haha they just have to lower the water 50cm and put some of that wood…

1 Like

Amsterdam, vicinity of Westerkerk

This is how it used to be

And now let’s :partying_face:

And… it looks a bit “crumbly” even with ultra and 4x4 texture, but we have a far better Amsterdam !

Compare again

6 Likes

View from the Shard.

5 Likes

Lovely match ! really there’s been a lot of work in that scenery…

Below bridge is smaller, but quite complicated…

Erasmusbrug, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.

4 Likes

Another one Rotterdam Harbour… WU4 is a beginning… but this place is crowded with ships and goods and I would expect far less green color in the scenery… Rotterdam is really not that green :grin:

3 Likes