[OFFICIAL] Real vs. Sim Screenshots

Savannah River, north of Augusta, GA

9 Likes

Matterhorn Switzerland 04.20.21
(Real)

(MSFS2020)

23 Likes

Grolsch Veste, Enschede The Netherlands (aerial 2017, from here)

7 Likes

Saint Paul´s Cathedral as seen from the Tate Gallery of Modern Art

9 Likes

View from the Taillefer summit, in the French Alps, near Grenoble :

The real one, taken last summer during a hike :

Due to mist in the air, the sim version seems more detailed !

7 Likes

The bottom image looks like earlier in the day. I see some differences… the ridge on the left…

Both real? :smiley:

2 Likes

The first is real

The second is from MSFS

2 Likes

No second is real (I think hehe)

Paris, vicinity of Sacre Coeur

2 Likes

Your capture is taken much closer than the photo. The resolution is not the same, nor the depth of field.

1 Like

Yes, dunno… why does Sacre Coeur look smaller then ? it was really difficult to get a match. Try it yourself… maybe there’s some telelens setting at work… just improve my image, I’ve no time to fly today…

Just try with the dynamic pause and adjust with the drone. You should find the right compromise. :upside_down_face:

Look at my other pictures here pal, I know the procedure… just give us a better match, I’ll remove mine… success with it.

1 Like

Best I can do for now… i’m afraid there must be some scaling issue… it seems the sim is closer by, but look at the proportions of that building… on the areals it looks wider. When I get any closer, I can’t align the left side and right side correctly and buildings in the foreground get even bigger. I’ve set 80% zoom already to get the church in the same proportion. One possibility: the church complex got turned slightly, when the scenery was created. OR… trees are too large !

3 Likes

I would only say one thing … the photogrammetry is awful in this picture

2 Likes

Yeah I agree… lots of areas in big cities look like that. I hope it is avoidable… maybe they’ll find some bug… when I take a close look at texture (PG, photographic texture) it seems there is often row-misalignment. This causes windows to look tilted… roofs with strange curves… buildings about to collapse… somehow the AI scenery is not good when it is part of a BIG place somewhere… I’ve seen it in London, Amsterdam, Paris… In New York it is slightly better, but there are no smaller buildings.

Maybe it is some optimization ? I fly 10-11 Fps over these places, but I am prepared to fly 5 Fps when it would improve ! I love to see good scenery. And all handcrafted stuff is beautiful. Only these “half AI buildings” show strange errors.

Real life (REGA Swiss Rescue)

MSFS (REGA Swiss Rescue)

8 Likes

There is a problem with your photogrammetry. It looks much better on my pc. I am thinking of an internet speed and / or pc configuration problem.
10 FPS is really too low to fly in this configuration …

1 Like

Thx, I already wondered… I’ll visit the place again :grin:

Currently in 21 day planespotting (quarantine) in Hong Kong at the airport hotel. Finally some time to do more comparison shots from around the world!

As usual: date/weather/time synced as best as possible when possible.
Mods: Samscene3d Shanghai, Samscene3d Hong Kong, Samscene3d Macau, Orbx Singapore Landmarks, Aviajam Kuala Lumpur, Bijan 4 season pack, FSPlayground (replay).

Hong Kong
Approach
Look for the 3 things under the wings…

Approach 2
Ocean Terminal Deck, Tsim Sha Tsui

Macau
Thought this was Hong Kong… took a few minutes to realize it was Macau!

Shanghai
Wow. Just wow.

Shanghai Tower

Shanghai Tower Night
Hope Developer can improve night lighting…

Singapore
Perks of being in the Military

Kuala Lumpur
KLCC
Darn construction crane. Now if only developers could focus on night lighting…

Munich
Departure
Didn’t have much to go by…, took 35 minutes to find exact location.

Toronto
Yonge Street

Toronto

Bonus
Just a view out my window

17 Likes