[OFFICIAL] Twitch Flying Lessons: C152

Yes, I may move it over to the #student-pilots:new-pilot-help-guides as well!

1 Like

Wow, what a fantastic resource of information. Waiting for flight sim to launch on xbox and stumbled upon this whilst researching.
Thanks, really appreciate this series

2 Likes

I was using the lessons until todayā€¦ Now that you have pandered to XBox, nothing worksā€¦ Thanks for not thinking about the users you have had for the last 11 months. Totally unflyable now.

1 Like

I was using the lessons until todayā€¦ Now that you have pandered to XBox, nothing worksā€¦ Thanks for not thinking about the users you have had for the last 11 months. Totally unflyable now.

@Andybrwn7 Sorry, not quite sure Iā€™m following. Are you saying the Twitch Flying Lessons have pandered to the Xbox? Canā€™t quite see the link between this comment and the thread itself, although my brain may just be going slow on a Sunday morning!

Not the Flying lessons, but flight sim in general. Lots of issues when using aircraft before the fix came out.

I would raise your issues in the appropriate groups. Use the search at the top right to find an existing thread that matches your issue, and only create a new one if nothing matches.

May we have the PDFā€™s for Lessons 13 and 14?

5 Likes

Thank you Jayne and Forder for the flying lessons. Very helpfulā€¦!
I binge watched/studied the first 4 lessons this weekend. Looking forward to watching the rest. Really appreciate the time and effort!

Happy flyingā€¦ Iā€™m off to offer my wings to the wind. Ā  :small_airplane:

1 Like

A little confused after seeing the C172 lessons in the community event forum, completely missed it. Seems more logical to keep the C152 and C172 lessons in the same forums?

C172 Lessons found here in case you missed it like me.

Thanks again for the lessons!

1 Like

never pay for sim flight instruction
thereā€™s just too much of it for free

never DON"T pay for IRL flight instruction
and if you do, you only pay a CFI

never pay anyone on twitch or udacy or anywhere else for SIM flight instruction
Just friendly advice!
fly safe!

I did end up subscribing to Skillshare for a couple months so I could go through Howardā€™s course. I donā€™t regret it I have to say, they were very well done, and more focused than the videos with Jayne on here as heā€™s just providing instruction in the most clear and succinct way.

Now Iā€™ve bought Volume 1 of the Air Pilots Manual and will read through that and try and replicate the lessons in the sim as best I can. I have a yoke, throttle and pedals.

Hmmm. Werenā€™t you the guy who regularly turned up to Howard Forderā€™s Twitch streams in a 747 while everyone else were in small GA planes? He uses Udemy to deliver his trainingā€¦

Your friendly advice is given the consideration it deserves.

Toupee Elvis

Hi @Jummivana ,
i started following the lessons from the video recording in the last two months, and i think what you did is a very useful and fun way to learn for a first time simmer like me :slight_smile: iā€™m in love with the stream!

Iā€™ve been lurking around youtube looking for accurate lessons but i could only find small pieces of advices which are not connected. these streams are full lessons and they are what i needed.
Considering i did not find them in the first place as i was looking on youtube, maybe you can think about posting the recordings on youtube as well, to try and help more simmers like me anjoy the wonders of this game, and at the same time have fun and enjoy the time spent on learning. I really think those could be posted under the Flight Simulator page :slight_smile:

I will keep following your lessons, canā€™t wait to move to the 172!
Keep going :slight_smile: :small_airplane:

Max from Italy

3 Likes

Hi @Jummivana,
Thank you very much Jayne and Forder for the flying lessons. I am a new simmer started less than a month ago. I have watched the first lesson of the training. I find the lesson is very useful and informative. I will continue with other lessons. It gives me confident in learning to fly the simulator properly. Over the past few weeks, I used only the ā€œFlight Trainingā€ from the simulator to learn the flying skill without knowing why things need to set and drive in certain way. You lesson explained very well on basics of operating the Cessna 152. I am very glad that you provide those lessons in great detail and for free. Knowledge is priceless. :clap: :clap: :clap:

kchow from Australia :grinning:

1 Like

Those videos are gold, much appreciated

1 Like

Same here, those videos are fantastic. Thanks a lot for all your efforts here. Is there any chance to get the last two .pdf files for lesson 13 and 14?

1 Like

Thank you Jayne and Forder for the efforts to share such fantastic experience. I just finished the first 2, and found it very helpful when you stressed what a real pilot should do even in a sim.

2 Likes

On my day 36 in the MSFS Forum, I have landed on a goldmine.

Went through the first lesson awestruck and barely noticed the time fly by. Great effort @Forder1702 and @Jummivana

Wrote this post just to sayā€¦ Thank you!

3 Likes

Thanks so much! All work really goes to @Forder1702 here - and he continues to have these sorts of lessons on his own stream as well. :slight_smile: Appreciate the kind words!

3 Likes