[OFFICIAL] Twitch Flying Lessons: C152

Lesson 9:

My SURPRISE First Solo Flight:

10 Likes

Thanks for your huge effort with those lessons, they are simply excellent, really well done! Thanks Jayne and Forder, really appreciated

:+1: :ok_hand: Excellent!

Iā€™ve been following along these lessons from the recordings - have almost caught up on all of them. Thought Iā€™d leave some feedback! Theyā€™ve been great - please do more! :smiley: Thanks for all the effort and time youā€™ve put into them Jayne and Forder!

4 Likes

@Jummivana Thanks for having the flight lessons in the calendar. So itĀ“s easy to see, if time schedules change. I recommend everybody to maybe add it to your smartphones, to have a nice overview about all ongoing events at hand, without having to visit each events page seperately.

About the change to friday: i am absolutely happy with this, I live in Europe, as most of the live viewers do (according to the displayed viewercount per nation). For Europe, the lessons mean 11 pm till 1 am.

Having the usually free wekend in sight, itĀ“s no problem to stay up that late on fridays for most of us, i think.

So, if you would keep the lessons at fridays, it would be very nice to have.

Final one: any chances to get the PDF for ā€œlesson9 part2ā€. ItĀ“s still missing, it seems.
Those PDFs are very useful to have, so many of us like to collect them for later reference and our personal studies and practise sessions.

Just an suggestion about the PDFs: i know, preparing them is a lot of work for Forder. It may be difficult to create them, if he is very busy businesswise or due to other projects.

Its just, he is creating those great ā€œslidesā€, which are displayed during the lessons. They usually only differ very slightly from the PDFs we can download.

So, to possibly save some time for Forder, if necessary, why dont you just use those ā€œslidesā€, being prepared for the lessons and just save them as PDFs for us. Those minor details, which like to be done to edit them for absolute perfection before PDF release are great to enjoy, for sure. But for us itĀ“s still better to have PDFs from the original ā€œslidesā€ than having no PDF at all.

Please donĀ“t get me wrong, maybe you like this suggestion, you can save some time and we can be sure to get the PDFs we are so in love with.

Deal?
:wink:

2 Likes

Will check on that Lesson 9 PDF for ya!

Meantime here is the VOD from lesson 10:

Lesson 11 VOD:

3 Likes

At the beginning of every lesson, Howard always mentions how how Jayne had completed the pre-flight check which for us non-pilots is just a mistery. I found this video on youtube where it is explained/showed how it is done. I found it useful, I hope you all do.

Thank you for the lessons.

10 Likes

Heya, Iā€™ve probably already commented but I canā€™t thank the two of you enough for these fantastic lessons. They have been so valuable. Iā€™m steadily working my way through them and am thrilled at how far youā€™ve brought me so far. I love the professionalism, gentle humour, pace and solid content.

As far as Iā€™m concerned, these lessons are an essential and integral part of the sim.

No matter how far you take the course it makes an incredible body of work that will serve for years.

Top job Jayne, top job Howard.

4 Likes

Any new Sessions planned ?

2 Likes

Thank YOU and Forder! These lessons are worth gold for those of us who care about proper simulation. Weā€™re very grateful! Please consider expanding this to other planes, that would be so cool!

2 Likes

Lesson 12 VOD:

Next lesson is June 23rd. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Forder - you are an amazing Sim-CFI.
Jayne - You are an amazing Sim-Student.

Thank you both for these extremely valuable lessons. I just tuned in to them during Lesson 12 and I was so taken by the expertise and fun that I went back to Lesson 1 and viewed them all - looking forward to Lesson 13.

I am a long long ago real world pilot flying out of the same airport Forder learned to fly - CYTZ Toronto Island Airport.
At the age of 15 (1962) had my Student Permit, then got my PPL, and at 19 received my CPL.

Stopped flying due to cost many many years ago. Started using MSFS in 1982 - and I just canā€™t seem to get aviation out of my blood.

Keep up this great community involvement - future real world pilots are at handā€¦

10 Likes

@AndrewJ5664 Flight Plan: VFR_Halifax_Stanfield_CYHZ_to_Debert_CCQ3_2.pln (3.2 KB)
@RavingHelmet Flight Plan: VFR_Reykjavik_BIRK_to_Storikroppur_Airport_BISR (1).pln (3.5 KB)
Jayneā€™s Plan: VFR Bowerman (KHQM) to Astoria Rgnl (KAST)-final2.pln (2.3 KB)

3 Likes

Lesson 13 VOD:

4 Likes

Glad to see this series is continuing. Iā€™m up to Lesson 5 so far and loving it.

Question for Forder, and I havenā€™t watched the 6-13 yet so maybe this already happens in those videos but I was wondering if we could get some lessons in the Cessna 152 Aerobat and the Cessna 172 steam gauge and Garmin1000 models in the future?

After lesson 14, they will ā€œupgradeā€ to the Cessna 172 G1000 version. Whether that means new lesson numbering, or continued numbering is not known yet. Canā€™t wait though, love these lessons and the way theyā€™re laid out.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s great to hear!

Thanks! I believe weā€™ll probably start new lesson numbering, and figure out a good way to archive this thread so itā€™s still accessible to eveyrone!

2 Likes

Locked, closed and stickied to the top of the forum?