[OFFICIAL] Weekly Dev Update Screenshot Challenge: Movie Magic

’I’ve been expecting you, Mr. Bond…'

’James Bond Island’ - Khao Phing Kan (Thailand)

8.274861066880568, 98.5006684204594

4 Likes

Cleopatra

Titanic

Top Gun

Sully

Star Wars Location for the planets Planet Jedha and Pasaana

6 Likes

crossing the english channel. Famous from many movies, record attempts and my (almost) daily flights.

2 Likes

Here’s a shot from LOTR The Fellowship of the Ring showing the ‘Anduin River’ that in real life is the Waiau River, nearby the airport of Manupouri (NZMO).

Heres the original helicopter shot aerial, showing Frodo and friends paddling along towards Gondor:

And here’s the very same bend in the river, from MSFS:

I’m working on putting together a LOTR discovery flight that will be uploaded to worldtour.flights in the near future… watch this space! :clapper:

3 Likes

Van Nuys from the movie “One Six Right”

3 Likes

Mad Max Road Fury - Namibia

5 Likes

Stagecoach (1939)

7 Likes

Forrest Gump :smiley:

and KLAX one of the filming locations for Airplane.

at the Palos Verdes Penninsula, where the funeral of Donny took place. Filming location from the “Big Lebowski”

5 Likes

" You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to."

New Zealand… home of the Lord of the Rings films and an absolutely magical place to experience in the sim!

3 Likes

Wadi Rum, and Mount Jabal Umm 'Ishrïn, is one of Jordan’s most popular tourist sites, and a famous place in the film Industry

Movies like Star Wars Rogue One (planet Pasaana), Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Prometheus, The Last Days on Mars, The Martian, and of course, Lawrence of Arabia in 1962, have scenes filmed near Khaz’ali Canyon, in this area

3 Likes

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

6 Likes

2 Likes

gunna need a bigger boat martha`s vineyard kmvy

2 Likes

Approaching Tinseltown, on final for Hollywood Burbank Airport with some B-listers who couldn’t quite afford a private jet :flight_arrival:

2 Likes

Courchevel

1 Like

James Bond (sorry I forgot it)

1 Like

Enroute to Grand Canyon national park! Into the wild vibes

2 Likes

Once upon a time in the West :sunglasses:

Overhead filming of San Andreas before the Earthquake.

3 Likes

TBM at Lukla Airport (VNLK) about to take the Everest (2015) crew back home :wink:

3 Likes