Offset ILS approach at VAPO

To start with, I’m not 100% sure about the route cause of the issue however I’ve a strong sense that runway heading is incorrect in MSFS. I’m using navigraph FMS manager so my AIRACs are up to date. I checked littlenavmap which shows me the scenery data and I see runway 10/28 heading to be 94/274 and localizer heading for runway 28 is 275. I also checked it in skyvector and runway 10/28 heading is 95/275 with localizer heading of 275. This makes me conclude that MSFS doesn’t have the correct runway heading which is why my ILS approach on runway 28 is offset slightly to the left.
Is there a way to correct this on my own or do I have to take the long route of reporting it to zendesk and wait for it to get corrected?

Hi,
it´s neither a navdata issue nor a runway issue - the localizer antenna position is slightly offset. I have compared it with the AIP India and you see that the localizer antenna position is not centerlined. Therefore, it´s more a AIP issue then any other issue :slight_smile:

Here a note directly from the AIP India:

and here the coordinates transfered into google maps - you see very clear the runway threshold (blue marker) and the red marker, the position of the localizer according the AIP India:

In this case, the issue is in the AIP

Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

Hi Richard,
there are other cases like that. For istance, at Genoa (Italy) LIMJ RW 28, almost a year ago,just after the purchase of the sim, I did a IFR landing there without any problems.After a few weeks I did a new landing and with surprice I noticed the localiser was offset on the left .Again after a few weeks,new landing, it was off set on the right.Now it is offset on the left again.It looks like something weird happens in the sim. I have no idea why.The only evidence is that In this period there have been many SUs and WUs… Please note that this is not the only case I have encountered so far.
Cheers

So is this more of a reporting issue by AIP india and could it be an issue with real airport as well?

Yes and yes … The data are real-world data …
Cheers
Richard

The difference to this case is, that the approach 28 into LIMJ is really a offset approach. So, abaolutely correct. The localizer position has 2 degrees offset …

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard,
I checked on the airport map and…yes .You are absolutely right. I wonder why I have noticed the offset changes over 1 year period.Mistery.
Thank you for the support

1 Like