Offset (ILS / LDA) Approach Issues

I tried what you said and it puts the line at the top instead of the bottom of the file. I moved the line manually and now all my LatinVFR sceneries have correct ILS.

Yep, I guess in the case of @billgranada thatā€™s exactly what happened: faulty airport navigational data. Iā€™ve seen more people complain about third-party, basically spoiling the ILS.

Ah well, you know, the whole design of this stuff seems haphazard. Itā€™s not very transparent and it forces users into the system. I think this stuff should have been separated more cleverly. Then they could have implemented a system to warn a user: this airport data does not match the navigational databaseā€¦ landing at your own riskā€¦

Oh wellā€¦

Thank you! I got it and love it! Just wish I could load the charts into the side display in the 787! One day!

Yes! This a thousand times. There are quite a few airports like thisā€¦Iā€™ve tried to report all this sort of thing in Zendesk, but that sometimes seems like a black hole. Honestly, at this point Asobo seems more interested in pushing out newer, prettier scenery than trying to improve the flying experience. I was truly hoping for something that could be a passable simulator, that was more immersive than XP11, with the understanding that it probably wouldnā€™t be quite as realistic as XP11. But constant bungles like this are just unacceptable. Iā€™d get it if it was a misaligned IFR approach at Bumblefudge Regional Airport, Siberia that could easily never have someone flying to or from it, but this is a featured airport. I expect it to be as close to perfect as possible, and not just in the pretty landscaping. Quit releasing works-in-progress as finished products and expect people to pay out the rear end for them!

3 Likes

Learned many useful things from all your posts, thank you.
So far yes definitely almost all of CHN airports are ILS weird (frequency ok, glide slope perfect, and localizer nightmareā€¦30~150 feet deviation I think, left or right depends on the airport).
I flew airline flight a lot on Xbox, too bad canā€™t give Navigraph a shot (I did have PC version installed on a very very old laptop but only for offline game nav data analysis grabbed by LittleNavmap).

Really expect someday it will be fixed eventually, and before that I still have fun go around this kind of buggy airports, each landing is a little challenge, image ILS approaching a full loaded 500k+ lbs B787 in a dark rainy night with only 2nm visibility and 20 kts wind, yes it is fun.

1 Like

Just bought Pilotā€™s LEAL today. I tried an ils landing on rwy 10 but the loc wasnā€™t aligned with the runway

EDIT: fixed after updating Navigraph

Did anybody check for Innsbruck? I saw someone posting a picture from little navmap where the localizer ā€œconesā€ where either really wide or really narrow and way too short. I hope thatā€™s just a depiction and not the actual range and width of the beam.

Ah, I thought this was a joke from you in the other thread otherwise I would have replied thereā€¦:wink:

For the bigger one (pointing to the east), it is just the visualization of LittleNavMap (they all look like this). I did not try it out yet, but I am quite confident, that it works as it should.

The other one to the west looks strange (and always has been), but thatā€™s also the case for Navigraph-datasource. No idea if this one is usable

Edit: According to LNM, OEV has a range of 27nm (see second screenshot in the other thread, ā€œReichweiteā€).

Possible that has something todo with the screen-resolution (enable/disable high DPI support) in LNM, because mine looks good and the values are also correctly. The difference between the stock data and Navigraph are that we have a range of 25 NM and the stock data has 27 NM.

Cheers,
Richard

1 Like

I can confirm that offset localizer courses have indeed been fixed in the latest default MSFS nav data that came with SU6 - at least the few that I personally tested.

I checked the ILS-Y 04L and ILS-Y 22R at KDTW, and the ILS 22R at KJFK, and the localizer courses are now accurate to the r/w navaids, so aircraft will correctly track to the runway at an angle, instead of tracking parallel to the runway (and landing in the grass).

4 Likes

Good news! Finally :grinning:.

2 Likes