Oil temp 172

Oil temp spiked today and the engine sputtered with no power, I lost 4k feet when temps and power returned. (But by now ATC is barking at me and I quit)

Flying at 10k feet. Autopilot. Playing around with sim rate for first time, also using active pause. RPMs vary at 2400. Pressure was green. Temp was green entire flight, error was sudden, or at least at the rate I saw it happen. I climb to cruise with full power, FYI. (???)

Did MSFS just decide to throw me a random fault in my sparkling new 172? What am I missing, I’m a newb and could likely be causing the problem. Or is this part of a sim rate / pause bug??

Thanks!

Are you a victim of a temperature spike while using live weather? It’s a known recent bug.

1 Like

I was indeed using live weather, but I didn’t notice any other problems, I didn’t feel warm. (And i have no idea where to get outside temp)

Thanks!

Will be the temperature bug. Happened to me, OAT (outside air temperature) reaching over 200°c and losing power with high oil temps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.