Ok, Who wants to help?

Hey Everyone! Looking to build my first pc in 20 years…so…I know it’s a terrible time but want to start with the basics…I am building specifically to run Flight Sim 2020. I would like to start between minimum and recommended settings with an eye on upgrading to ultra when all the shortages let up. My first question in AMD vs Intel. I’ve done research and I am guessing that they are close in performance with Intel the slight lead…however, the amd is a little more affordable? Thoughts

I’d personaly go with an intel setup, but heres the thing your crazy to try this now, even if your able to get a basic machine up and running, what are you going to do for a video card? There isnt one of them to be found, and even if you could find one, look what your going to spend on it.

Id maybe start with peripherals, new joystick/yoke pedals (and even these are through the roof unless you happen to have a computer store that has them in stock). I bought my X56 recently local and paid $249.00 for it, if you look online for one and can find it people are asking upwards of $500 for them ( I knew I should of bought the other two that were available local and ‘scalped them’).

If you can fly with what you have for the time being I’d say that would be your most financial best until things settle down due to the pandemic.

When it runs fine (30-40 no PG), it runs on my i7-7 with a 1080ti and 16 gigs of ram. I was going to buy more ram, but no one has any available at the moment. So good luck in your endeavors…

That was definitely going to be on the later posts…That being said…Are there any second hand cards out there that can handle between min and reco settings? Would love to get the cpu, mboard situated…throw in a used gpu. When the craziness ends, then upgrade the gpu?

You’d have to search around, everything Ive seen has been so expensive online it just isnt worth it for me. I bought an i7-10 gamming laptop as a backup for my desktop since I had the money this was right after the pandemic started I payed $1100, I found the same exact laptop the other day and it was 3500 dollars. No way its worth 3 times the list price.

If you have a local computer store, nose around there and see what they have available and for what price, work from there, but if you have to go online to get parts and such I’d just wait.

1 Like