Older msfs update shows up again and again, months later?

Without any previous problem or error , suddenly update 1.33.8.0… (avionics update 02 ) pops up again at start . And not the first time either . Anybody else having these unexplained re-updates ??? Was playing plenty , even today , no issues . Suddenly old updates shoes up as "mandatory " update …

This happened to me once, but it was because I accidentally/manually deleted a file in the Official folder - files that begin with “microsoft…” or “asobo…”

Hello @vonsmall5893,

Your topic has been moved to Tech Talk a subcategory of General Discussion & Community Support. The General Discussion category is meant for discussions that fall outside our other sub-categories.

Please check out these other categories for your future posts:

• Aircraft
    is where you discuss current or future planes coming to MSFS as well as assistance with liveries.
  • World
    is where you discuss scenery, airports, and weather.
  • Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
    is where you ask for help with flying.
  • Tech Talk
    is where you discuss installation, graphics, drivers, performance, CTDs, peripherals, and hardware.
  • Menus & Activities
    is where you discuss activities (landing challenges, bush trips, etc), plus anything accessed by the menus including the Marketplace, settings, logbook, cameras, etc.

yes, I can understand that, if files missing sim should redownload those. But in my case , I did not touch anything in official (or community folder ) when these " re-updates " happening. Like today I had several game sessions , without touching any folders , no issues at all. Then like at the 4th game session , at start up, the update window pops up , showing a mandatory update ( avionics 02 ) . This was like the 3rd time since the original update , in June 22nd . And sometimes happening for world /city update too . Not too often , but still, why an earth redownload the same stuff ??

Personally, when those types of issues start happening to me again - amongst the many other common or cronic “errors”, I know its time for a complete clean re-installation of MSFS and all my addons/mods. I typically have to do this every other Season Update.

It takes me a about a week to do so, and MSFS is the only game that I expect (begrudgingly) and I am still willing to endure that cyclic process.

Second time for me aswell. Was working fine in the morning but had to update in the evening.

Probably pulling down a replacement file, as something got corrupted in your installation.

I noticed one file which changed was fs-base-genericairports.

Ditto – Nothing like a clean fresh download of OFFICIAL, after numerous potentially flaky and error prone “patches”.

While Layout size may matter, nothing beats a robust checksum !!