On Xbox Really slow, freezing and crashing since SU 1.36.2.0

Not really happy today to discover that the sim has a very slow framerate, a lot of freeze … and that the game simply crash after 1 hour flying on my Xbox serie X ( original game installed / not from Gamepass) since last update to version 1.36.2.0
I’m always using my 737/800 from PMDG and before, all was ok…

Very disappointed to see that the software has become even more unstable, while one of the recent updates had improved the framerate, graphics, depth of field and stability. Sad throwback

1 Like

Hi OakEarth292815,

I have moved your topic to the User Support Hub Crashes (CTDs) forum so that other users can help.
I have updated title/description to the correct version 1.36.2.0 (not 1.36.3.0).
Is your issue only happens with the PDMG 737 ?

I’m having the same problems today too. The SIM froze on me halfway through a flight. I still had sound but had to quit the SIM as it was unresponsive. It’s been unstable all weekend and I think overloaded servers are the main cause.

Still have multiple CTDs and stuttering. Maybe one day it will be fixed.

I suggest deleting the reserved space. It always helps me when the performance degrades and honestly I have been doing it after every major sim update.

But… be aware that doing so will delete all your upgrades and installed add-ons so you will have to re-download everything from the content manager. Your controller profiles, settings, logbook will not be affected (or at least I haven’t had issues)

It was said in the last live stream that performance will be improved in SU15. I hope for that too.

Thanks for moving the topic to the right place. I have not yet had time to check if the problem only occurs with the PMDG Boeing. But it is true that the days before, I made a short VFR flight with a Cessna in the Caribbean and that I did not encounter any crash problems. (but still a slower frame rate)

do you really think this will help on xbox?

I only have had 1 or 2 CTDs in the past year. Stuttering it will not be fixed but I mainly fly the pmdg 737 which is really smooth on Xbox-X. At least for me.

I think I’ll wait for SU15 as to reinstall addons and setbup profiles will take a long long time.

I created an account just to post this. I play on XBox Series X. It was all fine until a few days ago, like a week or so, with WU 16…from this point it is a full blown catastrophe. Had two desastrous flights last weekend et today, with the HJet, from Switzerand to Hungary and back. Hicups, freezes, low graphics and fps, low rendering distance, popups, flickering…and today was added the cherry on the cake, the cockpit screens switching off about twenty minutes from landing…It is honestly driving me crazy. I am a huge aviation enthusiast. I fly liners, props, fighters, private jets, etc…I spent so much money on this sim. I tried to empty the rolling cache, turning it off, back on, making space on my console hard drive, and so on. No difference…I sincerely am on the verge to give it up. Something coming from the sim (last update ?) must have happened, I don’t see anything else, honestly, despite beeing fully aware I am far from a computer expert.

I don’t think there’s much you can do on Xbox other than wait for the next update.
I also don’t think deleting and reinstalling the game will change anything.

The game is beautiful, but it remains very unstable and full of bugs. As a result, the gaming experience is also very random.
Sometimes everything is perfect, sometimes it’s a disaster (low fps, too many bugs). And the experience is also very different depending on the update versions.

But we can say that the gaming experience on Xbox is better and improved compared to the early days of MsFs :slight_smile:

Don’t waste your time uninstalling and reinstalling. I did that and it took me 2 days to download the content. It was no better afterwards either.

MS made a huge mistake trying to get MSFS to run on XBox. It’s too limited as a platform to work properly, and FS itself is hardly an example of well-written software (who thought it was a good idea to use JavaScript to run a AAA game?!).

XBox since day one has had a problem with MFDs disappearing, and I doubt very much there is much they can do to fix this as the core architecture is broken.