Online Friends list is ALWAYS 0 in game

I’m on pc and the number of disconnect friends goes up and down as they go on and offline, but number of online friends ALWAYS remains at 0. On the Xbox App their status always shows correctly, it’s just the game. Friends are a mix of PC and Xbox players.

Support take ages to respond, and each time they do it’s a single copy paste suggestion and none have worked so far.

I have checked account privacy settings, all game settings, Windows time settings, etc, I can’t work out why they go from disconnected to vanishing from either list.

Any help please? I fear a reinstall may be needed as I don’t know what else to try.

I’m getting this exact same issue!! It’s really ■■■■■■■ me off and my friends as well who try to play with me

1 Like

They are on PC, specifically Steam as well as me, and they can see each other just fine and even see me, they just can’t invite me to a group or anything. Or rather, they can but I can’t see the invite let alone accept it. It seems really weird that some people like us are having this issue and others aren’t

2 Likes

I actually just tried that reinstall myself and it did not fix the issue at all either. I guess nobody cares at all about this. We’re not the only ones having this issue either.

1 Like

Currently having this issue, has anybody tracked down a fix.

I’ve also had this issue. I also have an issue where friends are constantly “logged on” and haven’t moved in 2 years. One specifically has been in Sedona in the 152 since Xbox launch last year… weird. It’s like they played the tutorial and never logged out.

Also I’ve notice that when adding someone as a friend in the MSFS interface they don’t add to my Xbox friends list. AND if I add them on my Xbox friends list, they disappear from the MSFS list all together.

1 Like

Hi, I know this is quite a late reply, but I’ve also had this problem periodically.

I came up with a workaround:

Everyone has to manually select the same MSFS region server (e.g. West Europe) and then choose the same multiplayer setting of ‘Live Players’ OR ‘All Players’ (either works as long as everyone chooses the same option).

You should then see each other even if you aren’t grouped! We usually pick neighbouring parking stands to load in.

That’s verbatim what my friend and I have done since day one by default. We have never seen each other as online. We just arrange everything on discord and meet up at the same airport. This exact same problem exists on another microsoft game we play together sea of thieves. I’ve heard you have to delete your xbox account and start a new one and re add everyone IN SIM not on the app and it then works. I never tried it, probably is BS anyway.

I don’t believe that for one second lol

I have way too much time and money invested into my Microsoft account as well as tons of games so I can’t afford to test that.

Nobody should be doing that, especially with there being a workaround that works just fine.

It’s highly likely whoever said it first was trolling/griefing people.

I have done that as well, but it is a kludgy workaround and not always guaranteed to work.

@Foxpatriate @KaelaNikNak You could always just try unfriending on Xbox and then readding in-sim.

Anybody else reading this shouldn’t even think about deleting their Microsoft account, that advice (wherever it originally came from) is absolute rubbish :slight_smile: