Online Players Not Displayed

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Online players not showing up.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Other player show up on VFR Map, but not in the world. We’re sitting on the same runway. Nameplates are turned on, yet I cannot see anyone.

Here the same player also shows up on the World Map, but not in Sim.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

It’s random. A lot of times other players show up on the VFR Map, but not in the Sim.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

PC/Steam/Multi-Player set to All Players

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

Are you using DLSS?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Are you in the beta? This is a known beta issue as far as I’m aware.

1 Like

Yes I am in Beta 14.

Mods, if there is already a topic about this feel free to merge this post.

Weren’t we supposed to be on the East Asia server for the multi-player to work in this beta? I’m not really sure…

1 Like

The server we were to use in MP testing was USA East. I believe that is the only sever availabe in Beta 14.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes, same as OP

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

DX11
Are you using DLSS?

No
If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Other aircraft are seen most of the time, but there are some aircraft that seem to be ABANDONED, and are there, but do not show up in the Cockpit/Exterior/Drone view

Some screen shots over about 30 minutes, at various airports, showing Missing planes, as well as one showing a Correct Visible plane, to show that the Testing method is valid.

su14b-missing5

Yes indeed, I was wrong about that.
The weird thing is that there have been flights especially to test this, and I’ve seen screen shots from these events with many aircraft. Links are in this topic.
SU14 Beta Participants: Multiplayer Testing Opportunity Events - Sim Update 14 Beta / Beta News - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Weird how it can be different from your experience… I hope that the issue is found.
It seems that @N6722C had the same issue in beta flight #4 yesterday
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/test-4-multiplayer-event-nov-12-2000-utc/615829/25?u=ghostlyfrend

Where is a FSX “Hal Bryant” when you need one !!

I see this as well. The “TCAS” system doesn’t always clean up when an aircraft leaves the session. If you stay at a busy airport like EGLL for a day or so, you will see your TCAS/VFR Map fill up with non-existant aircraft.

There was a similar looking issue, when MSFS first launched, where AI aircraft were not being “removed” when they went out of range, resulting in collecting so many AI aircraft, that the sim, ground to a halt.

This was fixed

But it might not have been fixed for MP aircraft ?

AI-Planes