Open up the weather system WRITE access to 3rd party devs

Who will fix weather issues once Asobo is gone? Who will bring improvements then?

I can’t imagine why anyone would be against opening up the weather engine, unless they have ties to MS.

If the weather system worked as advertised, there wouldn’t be this clamoring for third party access. But it doesn’t work as advertised does it? And now no one can try to improve on the situation either. So we simply have to wait years for Asobo to maybe get around to implementing the features we want to see. In the meantime we could keep asking them to allow access to the weather system. Hopefully understanding the situation better makes it seem less stupid to you.

There are probably good technical and legal reasons why they simply can’t allow third party access currently. The weather system is just too incomplete or they’re under contract with Meteoblue. But that’s stuff that could hopefully be worked out in the future.

3 Likes

lol, then lockheed martin buy the engine, so let keep calm:)

It’s been bad since launch, weather is never consistent between METAR, ATIS and real world. Flying on VATSIM is a nightmare trying to use “Live Weather”. If you’d just open it up to 3rd party Devs, we could have VATSIM injected weather, more accurate real world weather, historical weather, all the frills. And for people who wanted that “Shared weather experience”, they could still use in game weather engine. I get it, but what you’ve currently got is not cutting it- especially for those of us who want to use online ATC services.

3 Likes

SU5 Make it very clear,It must have 3rd party weather,or you will get 60℃ at FL190.
Thanks Asobo make us so angry.

4 Likes

What reason? My understanding is a “shared weather experience”. Great… for those that want a “shared weather experience”… use the in game weather engine; however, for those that want an actual “real world LIVE” weather experience, we can purchase and use an add-on. In order to get accurate VATSIM weather for flying with online ATC, it’s going to require a 3rd party dev or an integration on MS/Asobo’s part. If Asobo/MS is unwilling to allow VATSIM (and other online ATC services) weather injection, then at least open it up to a 3rd party that will.

2 Likes

What‘s your understanding of „a real live weather experience“?

Same weather like just happen in real life real place a hour ago or little longer.

What he said:

And you don’t think Microsoft and Asobo can make that happen?

When I review what I get this year, especially after sim update 5,YES.

Sim update 5 not even fix the sunny lighting problem,but even add a new temperature BUG.This is unacceptable.PLEASE TELL ASOBO,stop assertive behavior,let 3rd party software come in and help.Open weather SDK to everybody.

2 Likes

The sim is in flux right now because of the xbox port so new issues have cropped up, and existing weather issues weren’t on the list to be addressed in SU5. The devs said they were going overhaul the weather features later this year, and hopefully address the more pressing altimeter and temperature bugs by SU6. Lets see where we stand after that, and then revisit this topic. If the Meteoblue numerical forecast model based LIve Weather is implemented to the level it was advertised, I think it would be more than enough for >95% of users and use cases. But it remains a Work In Progress.

It still would be pretty awesome if third parties could inject their own model or observation based weather using things like the High Resolution Rapid Refresh or the US Next Generation Radar network.

Have you had a look at the road map. There is big improvements coming with Sim Update 6 and 7. I’d wait until then before I make any judgements.

They even cant fix the temperature problem now, I wont expect ANY improvements in SU 6 or 7.Even worse,some BETA tester in SU5 expose something in Aerosoft CRJ forum today make me more distrust asobo.

Kiaora from New Zealand. I have upvoted this because I still want to be able to fly online with the Vatsim network with accurate, correct weather in MFS2020.

The differences between live weather in MFS2020 and real world metars are ongoing, well detailed and frustrating.

Vatsim maintains its own Metar servers which includes feeds from metar services from New Zealand which raises the default number of wx stations from 3 to over 30. To be able to fly on Vatsim you need access to the same weather as the atc and other pilots using other sim clients.

HiFi offered this functionality and it is sorely needed to enable cross platform online flying.

So, for now, I have to continue using P3D to fly on the Vatsim network.

I am happy enough with MFS2020 weather when I’m not on Vatsim but when the feed poos itself having an external add-on to fall back to would also be very useful.

5 Likes

Voted!

Wishes to make this “sim” realistic:

-Convective winds/Turbulence moderate to severe in Clouds especially in CB then no more unrealsitic way to fly a Cub in CB/TS!
-Thermals
-CAT (Clear Air Turbulence)
-Updrafts/Downdrafts (convective)
-Gust Winds
-Real Turbulence based on METAR/TAF
etc I mean what Xplane/Active/Xenviro provided…

Based on Asobo’s promises on advertising Youtube videos before the release date, all of this should have been already implemented and simulated in order to call MFS2020 a Flight Simulator that should simulates what happens for instance in Xplane/Active SKy when you fly a C172 or even a tube in TS, it usually ends up to a lethal way (or huge damages) as expected in reality as well… but not flying a C152 in “Arcade Mode” through CB/Thunderstorm in MFS2020 as if you were always flying in CAVOK, without feeling any turbulence associated to them (barely), without any danger encountered.

No matter what MFS2020 allows you casually to fly in any sort of severe weather conditions so that you can make beautiful screenshots of dark clouds in thunderstorm around, that’s nice but it’s not the purpose of a Flight Simulator.

Again the weather is the corner stone in Aviation, a very important part, same in a sim…
(for the sake of realism) … and it’s a solid base to figure out how it goes in our real skies for the beginners who could then make a good approximative picture of reality and then creating flight plan VFR/IFR based on the weather conditions of the day in order to avoid CB and TS during their flight and to keep it safe!

So far even the tractor in Farm Simulator 2021 could be a way far more dangerous to drive than flying the C152 in CB in MFS2020!

Before 3rd party come, hopefully the next Sim Updates will make some deep surgery in the heart of the game then I’ll be back to MFS2020, who cares? :thinking: Myself and I! :sweat_smile:

MFS2020 deserves some work on it, Wait & See!

Happy Flyings Captains! :dash: :airplane:

3 Likes

As mentioned above, weather is an integral part of flying.

I believe I have a little more faith in Asobo than many who post to the various forums, however, because weather is so integral to the flight-sim experience, let’s allow the experts (TPDs) in to address the issues and recommend improvements via new products.

Then let the market decide.

4 Likes

I agree with Asobo having created a wonderful simulation of weather in this product.

In my opinion, weather products are often, mere snake oil or the Emperors new clothes.
Simple increased resolution images which enhance realism but hurt performance.
Such an integral element should be protected, insofar as to avoid an avalanche of weather issues attributed to after market weather addons.
We currently enjoy the most realistic weather in sim to date at the optimum performance.
Let’s keep it that way.

1 Like

Real?Watch the mass in outside.LOL