Open XR Toolkit not installing correctly, NO Logs?

It seems I may have upset a few on my previous comments about OXRT, so best to start a new thread. Sorry about that. Downloaded and installed OXRT, but unable to get the settings box to appear in my Quest 2. Press CTRL+F1, or F2 or F3, no settings box appears, I have also tried other key bindings? I have been through the Troubleshooting guide, and says to check the logs for problems. OXRT press ‘Open log file’ and an ‘X Error’ box appears unable to locate logs? It shows the path to where the log should be, but there is NO OXRT log? Has OXRT installed correctly? So I am stuck as to what to do. I assume that if I keep the OXRT active, the VR settings will be at default, so maybe some improvement in FS VR? Any advice Please

Did you run the installer as administrator?

I’ve after months of lurking around the Open XR Tool thread installed it yesterday (only for the sunglasses) and it has taken my Quest2 to another level!

It opens right up when I’m in VR (CRTL +F2) with no problem?

Another thing to try is Open a cmd.exe as admin then sfc /scannow (be sure you have a space after sfc) you may have something going on with your windows install.

If there is no log file after you started the game then it means that OpenXR Toolkit is not even loading.

In the Companion app, do you see a green text “OpenXR toolkit is active”? If you start flight sim and enter VR, does this text eventually reads “… is active (FS2020)” and you are able to see “FS2020 (FlightSimulator.exe)” in the list of apps further below? (a screenshot could help here).

In the Companion app still, if you hover on the green text “OpenXR Toolkit is active” there should be a tooltip, what does it say?

I hope no one runs the installer as admin. It is not meant to be used that way.

1 Like

Thanks. Things have now started to appear in OXRT. FS2020 shows in app box. And a log has appeared. When in FS and changing to VR mode a small panel comes up asking to open the settings panel, only a few seconds to open the settings panel with CTRL+F1 otherwise is closes. Don’t know how to change the settings, just a another few seconds later it closes. So you have to be quick, too quick Not enough time? The settings panel can ONLY appear in FS VR mode.

Thanks for getting back to me. See my reply to ‘Corel7rocks’. Yes I did install via Admin. As said, I can now see FS2020 in the App Box. And now, there is a log that opens. Both suddenly appeared when I started my PC this morning. I can now get the settings panel to appear ONLY from within FS2020 and switching to VR mode, in normal VR before starting FS and FS VR mode the settings panel will not be available, is that correct? What is very awkward, in FS VR a box comes up asking to open OXRT settings but only gives you about 10 seconds to hit the CTRL+F2 key, and wearing the Quest 2 you cant see the keyboard, by the time you have removed the headset to see the keyboard the box shuts off. Why does OXRT only give you a few seconds to respond? I have just been able to get the settings box appear, but as yet have no idea how to change the settings, and then again settings box closes after a few seconds. I assume you have to use a inside VR keyboard, I don’t think I have one? Thanks for help.

Not sure if I need Microsoft Open XR? But when I install this from the Microsoft Store, It will not open, and get a warning ‘Something is wrong’? Does this need to be installed to use with VR or Open XR Toolkit?

No you don’t need WMR stuff.

This message is a reminder of the keystroke you selected to open the menu. The reminder only shows up for 10s, but you can still open the menu any time after that.

It doesn’t. You can open the menu any time. I bet you havent even tried past the 10s window :frowning:

There is a list of the 3 keys you can use at the bottom of the box (left/right to change values and move to next settings). It’s pretty visible. Those keys (Ctrl, F1, F2, F3) were chosen specifically because they are easy to locate even with the headset on (they are on the top and bottom edges of your keyboard by the left side).

There is an option in the Menu tab to increase or remove the timeout. 12s works pretty well for most people but if you need more time you can make that change.

Thanks for advice. You have been very helpful and extremely patient with me. I am not the easiest person to deal with and I do get a bit irate at times. I am beginning to get to grips with this, and getting loads more advice about the settings from here, other FS sites and YouTube. Looking forward to much better performance and visuals with FS VR and my Quest 2. All the best.

Good, I’m glad it is starting to work for you. Not quite sure what your original issue was, I’d be interested if you ever find out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.