OpenXR Toolkit (upscaling, world scale, hand tracking...) - Release thread

I can confirm that Motion Reprojection ends up in a mess if your computer cannot “reach” for the target frame rate. Only way to solve this is turning down settings. (FOV, openXRTK resolution, headset Hz/resolution). Once your computer is able to lock the frame rate, the smoothness is amazing. I can achieve 40 fps without Motion Reprojection, but it’s terrible compared to Motion Reprojection at 18 fps (OTT 18Hz/ Quest 90Hz)

Is the new version still being released today?

Yes when they finish their paid day jobs

7 Likes

New to OpenXR…will the app be updated through the Microsoft Store? Or do i have to go somewhere to get the newer version?

It will be there:

To clarify - there are a couple of things:

1 Like

@mbucchia Are you US based? If so I won’t stay up for “tonights” release as it’ll be early morning here (UK) :smiley:

Yes sorry - I understand timing is tricky across timezones.

We are based in the North American region (CptLucky is Eastern time zone, I am Pacific). We don’t want to give an exact time for the release because we are trying to not disrupt our day jobs. So for short, we will release in the next few hours once our schedule accommodates. I would not expect releasing before at least 4-5 hours from now (for future reader, see the time this message was written!).

11 Likes

Lovely cheers mate, I’ll take a look tomorrow then :+1:t4:

I went to the website and downloaded the current version Beta #2 Hotfix #3 (0.9.7) thinking it was released. Silly me lol! Looking forward :+1:

looks like it’s here!

1 Like

I confirm that the new site and download links are live as of a few minutes ago - just typing some announcements messages now :smiley:

9 Likes

@mbucchia - what is the proper procedure to upgrade from a previous version? Run the new .msi and let it do an in-place upgrade? Or uninstall the previous version and then install the new?

For all other readers: to prevent complications, make sure you unblock the .msi after downloading it and before executing it.

There used to be a bug that you had to uninstall- but this version fixes the bug. So it should work in-place!

EDIT: Confirmed that in-place upgrade worked for a few folks already.

3 Likes

I also did an in-place upgrade. Appeared to install properly. Won’t be able to try out the sim for a few hours though. :frowning:

@mbucchia , a big thank you for the excellent documentation on your website. That’s something some developers are weak in, an it’s so important to get people going. Very well done!

7 Likes

easy install, just over the ‘old’ one. Have to play a bit with it. When in the FS menus, you clearly notice the ‘rings’, but not in the game. When set to ‘performance’, some black lines at horizon level. Less when using ‘quality’. But bed time now ':wink: More tomorrow!

3 Likes

Thank you - @CptLucky8 did a lot of writing as well for the documentation.

To all, for FFR - the main page is here:

Fixed Foveated Rendering | OpenXR Toolkit (mbucchia.github.io)

8 Likes

Yes, by nature this “grid lines” in the main menu background do not play well with changing resolution progressively.

But fortunately not noticable with actual game content :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please remember to check you settings:

• Are you using in-game render scale of 100%, and using NIS/FSR in the OpenXR Toolkit instead of the in-game render scale?

• Are you disabling the Light shafts setting in the Graphics option for VR?

More on quality here:
Fixed Foveated Rendering | OpenXR Toolkit (mbucchia.github.io)

2 Likes