Option to Disable Pilot Voice

My wish is to have an option like the FSX days where you could disable JUST the pilot voice. If I’m using a voice program to control the ATC menu options, I don’t need to hear the computer babble what I just said…

So keep the option for the ATC voices, but add an option for Pilot Voice…

Totally agree.

Agree on this too and for those who don’t use a voice program its still usable when doing movies.

Agreed. FSX had this option too. I want to hear ATC and other pilots, but not my own voice. :slight_smile:

Option to disable pilot voice, please.

I usually practice the ATC phrases that way, so having the possibility to mute the own pilot’s voice would be one big step ahead. It would also be a training for IVAO or VATSIM
Regards, Herbert

I do the same thing. Having to talk over the simulated pilot’s voice is frustrating and diminishes the simulation. Separating pilot’s voice and ATC controls is near the top of my wishlist.

I agree 100%. This is something I enjoyed in FSX when making my videos. People used to always ask how did you talk to ATC so seamlessly? LOL. I would love to do that again.

1 Like

Moderator Edit:
Hello, I too am looking forward to this option. This forcing to respond oneself to the injunctions of the ATC would indeed be a good training before switching to IVAO

Bonjour, j’attends moi aussi cette option avec impatience. Ce forcer à répondre soi-même aux injonctions de l’ATC serait en effet un bon entrainement avant de passer sur IVAO

Please only post bugs that are new in this build, and tag your post with pc and/or #xbox`.
pc
Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store version
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:

This is a request to add and additional setting for ATC voice OFF. When using a third party voice recognition program (Multi Crew Experience, VoiceAttack, Pilot2ATC, etc.), I speak the PILOT response. The voice recognization software interprets this and ‘presses’ the appropriate ATC menu pilot response to initiate an ATC conversation.

Unfortunately, we also hear the MSFS 2020 pilot voice.

I’d like the ability to turn off just the pilot response.

Currently, I only have the option to turn off BOTH atc and pilot…

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

good idea- voted

Turn off the copilot in the pull down menu.

“Turn off the copilot in the pull down menu.”

That sounds like a possible solution, but wouldn’t that simply turn off AI Copilot and all voice communication?

I still want to hear ATC voice response…I’m trying to get away from the written atc log.

Perhaps I misunderstand, by chance, do you have a screen shot for me?

This is the place I ask for an additional option…

Split this into two voice options:

1. ATC voice ON/OFF.
  2. PILOT voice ON/OFF.

Doesnt work! Sorry! I tried it with all aircraft!
MCE is the only fully functional , multi platform Voice Contrilled Co Pilot program! Check MCE out?
Lets get it right!

Thank you CaptDavidH…not sure who you are responding to, but yes, I do have MCE (Multi Crew Experience). I would like to add the option to turn off the PILOT voice in MSFS 2020. That way, I only hear ATC voice when using MCE.

I believe this option will also help with VoiceAttack, Pilot2ATC, etc.

Yes, this option existed in previous sims!

Hello Asobo Team,

I realize it may be too late to add this to SU8 although it seems many want this feature.

Would this be difficult to add?

your welcome

3 Likes

Interesting…

I’ll give this a try.

I’m using MCE (Multi Crew Experience) to interface with ATC. So, MCE will ‘press the appropriate number’ to respond to ATC.

I don’t think COM2 will be a problem, but it would be great if there were a COM1 solution.

Thanks for sharing!