Option to disable the "Ready to fly" button at start

GENERAL -> ACCESSIBILITY

1 Like

This does not turn it off…

Edit: This does not even make any difference when I tested just now…

3 Likes

im using it to preload scenery and textures so that all is crystal sharp when im ready

2 Likes

this will only turn off the cinematics, not the button itself!
Please re open the thread so people can vote.

2 Likes

There are much more important issues to be fixed… c’mon

4 Likes

you must be having a potato then XD LOL joking

3 Likes

Sure but a setting to turn this button off would be appriciated…

2 Likes

A setting yes, but not a permanent removal, like the Click to start should have been.

It should be low low low priority, and I mean, low low low low way lower than a low thing…, priority anyway, even if it is voted to the top of the list.

1 Like

hahahaha eventually :wink:

2 Likes

I gonna open a thread asking “Please remove the trip” and when you plan and launch the sim you appear parked on you targeted airport immediately. Why bothering making the trip when you can jump all that stuff with modern computer? Please vote my (possible) thread! :wink:

2 Likes

You are the truest simmer my friend

1 Like

FYI hitting the space bar as soon as the blue bar loads will skip the ‘fly now’ button, if you really don’t want to press it.

2 Likes

I was actually thinking it would be nice if you could throw some of your favorite screen caps into a folder for the load screens to randomly slide show through. The stock photos ARE getting old.

2 Likes

I tried, it doesn’t work for me

2 Likes

Our community has to have a better sense of priority :frowning: This is a VERY minor update, not impacting in-flight experience at all.

1 Like

Modified the title so it creates less confusion, there seems to be a lot of people mad at me and this thread XD

2 Likes

I never said this has higher priority that more serious bugs, i perfectly know this is a very minor thing, but for me, i don’t really see the reason for this button to exist.

2 Likes

It was asked if there was a way to vote no for things users don’t want to see changed. The moderators said the forum voting system wasn’t configured that way.
Sooo…

I believe this would be a really annoying change and do not want to lose the prep time that the “Ready to Fly” button affords. Time for getting settled in, time to grab a drink, time for the loading cycle to wrap up.

@ManFlxSrsRwy, I would be fine with an option. NOT wholesale removal.
I have killed the “defiant” post at your request. Thank-you for rewording your wish.

2 Likes

I agree, this needs to go. If you could just hit enter instead of having to manually click it then it wouldn’t be so bad. Still irritating none the less. Not everyone starts in the air or on the runway with the engines running, some of us like to treat it as a sim rather than an arcade game.

2 Likes

And yet…
There are lots of posts from those that “like to treat it as a sim” that get equally annoyed when someone spawns on the runway. Imagine their chagrin when one of the “arcade” pilots hits the fly button on the setup and then goes to answer the door. Or maybe it takes a bit to load so they wander off to go get a sandwich. Maybe it’s half an hour before they get back because it would have been rude to kick Grandma out after she dropped by unexpectedly.

When you click FLY, you have a few minutes before the sim prompts you. “Ready to Fly” does not necessarily mean the engines running and it is time to punch the throttle. Maybe it just means I am sitting down and I am Ready to Go. If clicking one more button irritates you, maybe you weren’t quite ready to enter the cockpit and start clicking other buttons, mentally ready, I mean. Woo Sawwww.

2 Likes