Option to remove copilot from exterior views

Single pilot operation is very common in general aviation, and it would be nice to have the option in MSFS. I know there are workarounds with config files or renaming pilot animation files, but it would be a lot easier to just have an option without having to edit game files.

Even when I remove the weight from my co-pilot to create a truly solo flying experience, there remains a ghostly figure of my co-pilot. I don’t mean to be mean but I want him gone. Let me fly solo for once!

1 Like

Yeah, it would be nice if the visuals corresponded with the weight and balance page.

4 Likes

I set co-pilot weight to zero and never see anyone.

3 Likes

I’ve tried this in multiple aircraft too, and it’s never worked for me.

Odd. That’s all I have. Sorry. I fly tail draggers and don’t spend much time in external view.

Make a backup of the aircraft.cfg for safety. Open the original file and locate the [PILOT] section. Place a semicolon at the front of each of the three copilot lines. You’ll still have to zero the weight in the UI unless you also edit the flight_model file and zero out the weight there.

Note that this will only work on the 20 stock planes.

2 Likes

I know about doing this, it’s one of the workarounds I mentioned in the first post. My point is it shouldn’t require editing config files, it should just be available as an option. Plus as you already know, it’s not possible on premium aircraft so it’s not even a full solution.

I guess I should have read the initial post better. I know that there were some models back in the FS9 days that used XML coding in the model to control passenger visibility based on weight, and one Wilga in particular that caused quite a stir because that passenger was barely dressed. I don’t know if this is even possible in MSFS.

Yes and yes to the above.
And I would go further and suggest that the whole avatar thing needs a refresh.

2 Likes

Turns out it is. The new Kodiak does it with both passengers and cargo.

The porter also does this