Option to request IFR clearance shows, without flight plan change

I didn’t change anything in the fmc and it still gives me this option even though I got clearance at the gate before takeoff.

I assume if you want that users look into your “issue” , its better to change the heading to a more meaningfull heading , instead of these “Why’s this happen?”.

If you assume there is a issue, just describe it correct and dont forget to create a ZenDesk ticket.
Why the impl do what it do, we cant answer :wink:

Hello @ilbambino96 ,

your topic was moved to #bugs-and-issues:atc-navaids , as your issue seems to mainly concern the ATC window.
The tags were changed accordingly and the topic title was edited into a more meaningful phrase. You can change it again, if you do not agree with it.

Thank you for your understanding.

1 Like

I’m new to all this, just recently bought this game with my Xbox series s. What’s a ZenDesk?

Yeah, that’s a way more appropriate title, thank you for understanding what I can’t seem to figure out.

1 Like

Hi ilbambino96,

You can file a Bug Report on Zendesk. You can create a new ticket by clicking the “Submit a Request” link on Zendesk’s navbar. Zendesk is the official MSFS support, where bugs can be submitted to the developers.

2 Likes

Does this cause any problems?
If not, I wouldn’t be too concerned about it.

If I don’t click it atc doesn’t allow me to have an approach. They’ll gradually get me to my cruise altitude and that’s it. If I do click on it then my autopilot says “requesting destination change” (to whatever airport I have as arrivals) and followed by atc asking me to lower my cruise altitude without getting me to what I picked when making the fp. It’s difficult to explain and very confusing, sometimes I get it other times not.

Yes, the second time, I believe ATC looses your original plan, so they just gives an altitude and think you are flying direct to your destination.
If all worked as it should, and it does sometimes, you will receive instructions for your arrival just before you get to the end of your route, before you need to transition to the approach.
I wouldn’t bother with the second clearance.
If you don’t receive you approach routing clearance as you near the end of your route, just enter it in the FMC and fly it as if you did.
Ignore ATC (you probably do anyway because their approach altitude assignments are crazy) from then.

Yeah I’ve noticed atc tells you to start the approach very late sometimes resulting in crazy fast speeds.

1 Like

I use the 3x rule to determine when to start my descent.
If you are at 30,000 take the 30, multiply by 3 = 90.
at 90 nautical miles out, you need to start your descent.
Add another 10 or 15 for good luck, and request a lower altitude from ATC.

I just recently bought this game, with my xbox, my first flight simulator game so still learning new tricks and methods. I’ll try that and see how it goes.

1 Like

It’s a very steep learning curve, but a heck of a lot of fun!

1 Like