Options for contrast, brightness, gamma, hdr, sharpness level, color saturation, etc

There needs to be separate control for the Inside and the Outside of the cockpit.

Then users can set it for their own Individual needs, and perceived Correctness.

One size does not fit all !!!

1 Like

This is the VR section

Lmao. What are you doing here?

1 Like

Really hope they add a sharpening slider and some HDR settings as well, voted!

I really need Gamma setup with my vive pro 2 (known “issue” with blacks, very nice blacks but too dark sometimes ^^)

Sad that it’s almost 1.5 years since launch and not a single option to fix the overexposure and change white point, etc in HDR. Sigh.

5 Likes

They simply do not care. The eye adaptation, even when set to 0 in .cfg is horrible.

4 Likes

i am still looking for the brightness slider. lightings are too bright and therefor really look washed out. wasnt there before SU5.

and in the meantime, some ppl do not have a nvidia graphics card…

1 Like

PLUS – the Nvidiea (or any other Graphics card) does not know the difference between INSIDE & OUTSIDE.

What is needed is a way to adjust these setting independently for both the Inside & outside views …

2 Likes

Yes,
there is allmost always a solution to adjust brightness in vr, but the real deal is gamma setup for me. Only possible with unreal engine vr game with the config file… or in game like dcs or dirt rally 2 for example… but it is too rare.

Nb: i dont use exterior view in vr :man_shrugging:

I’m so tired of the overexposed Image in VR. We’ve gone so far now and meanwhile VR is running really fine, BUT this is a must have to correct the brightness in the Reverb G1/G2.

Then for me it is getting more and more perfect!

1 Like

It frustrates me as well. This has been asked for awhile, but Asobo just ignores it just like all the other VR quality of life stuff.

2 Likes

OpenXR Toolkit is a fantastic solution for contrast/brightness. Try it. :slight_smile:

I am using toolkit … it is really nice but lower brightness and lower gamma are two different things …

2 Likes

Exactly…
I’ve already reduced my brightness to 30% (!) using the OpenXR Toolkit and I’m still not satisfied with the outcome (G2). Why the heck they still didn’t implemented such an obvious feature is beyond my mind!?

3 Likes

The OXR Toolkit is unable to really decrease the brightness. Why? Because in the game if you have very bright clouds (e.g. in an A320) outside and the cockpit is dark, then the clouds are completely white (uniform color, 100% white). You can decrease this brightness to say 80%, but all 100% bright parts before only get darker to 80% and you see no structures in them. This must be done in the game engine. It is like an exposure of a camera. In Drone Mode, this already works.

3 Likes

Sometimes runways are displayed to bright, cockpits to dark, clouds are blinding and scenery lacks color.
Currently we are limited in our adjustments.

We can alter our Monitor preferences or use external applications to adjust the overall color (Geforce Experience, Nvidia Control panel or similar applications). Also there are a number of options we can adjust within the .cfg file but it would be great if we could directly adjust settings from within an option menu.

Would it be possible to create an option to adjust a number of categories? For example Airports/Runways, scenery, clouds. Just some basic adjustments would already make a big difference for many of us.

After SU10 FS seems to become more stable (for many of us) so there might be room to work on visual optimizations.

1 Like

Any chance to find some sort of digital chart over how the brightness, gamme etc should be adjusted correctly in the game? Some overlay, just to… yeah, you get it. =) I find it quite hard to set brightness on my screen (at the moment 50 percent), since the gauges lightning is too dim even att max power. Also, the contrast is so low outside, looks like we are flying in constant haze sort of. I had to set gamma to 0.78 in NCP. I would like to lower it a bit more, but since the cockpit follows the settings - it gets too darn dark instead. LG 27GL83a. (Picture mode Gamer 1, Gamma Mode 2, Color Temp Warm, Brightness 50, Contrast, 70 (standard - looks worse if you raise the monitor gamma), Black Stabilizer 0.

SU11. Still NADA. Have to use Gamma 0.78 to get dark parts of the world…dark.