Options for contrast, brightness, gamma, hdr, sharpness level, color saturation, etc

It would be real useful to have in sim settings for color, saturation, brightness, contrast etc etc.

I have tried Nvidia Freestyle (alt-f3) tool which does okay. But after driver install the settings always get wiped and you got to start all over again.

1 Like

reshade will do this without loosing your settings for it between updates. Its standalone and its free, once installed press home key pick your filters and set them to you liking. I use it all the time to fix the way to dark at night and way to bright in the desert glare.

2 Likes

The sim should have it’s own built in controls because the GeForce filters aren’t very precise and X Box users can’t use ANY outside color correction software. On a PC there are options but the sim should really have them. It doesn’t seem like the HDR was ever completed (with built in adjustment capability)
and they should really just improve the sims lighting and colors – mostly the clouds.

I’m currently using adjustments in the nVidia Control Panel: turn red and green gamma down to .98 (leave blue alone) and then with ‘all channels’ selected, turn brightness and saturation down to 42 and Contrast down to 30.
It messes up everything outside of the sim but it helps the in sim look (imo) (with HDR ON and EyeAdaptation ON – aka default UserCfg.opt)
also - if your monitor manufacturer has a driver, you should install it. Mine came with a colorspace file that works better than any other I can find and/or create.

but just to be crystal clear to Asobo - please provide in-sim adjustments that work in HDR mode that allow for adjustment of brightness, contrast, and gamma for either all channels at once OR individual color channels and also adjustments for saturation. Basically, a detailed color adjustment tool that works in the sim (and subsequently also allows for adjusted screenshots).

2 Likes

any tips for amd graphics card users, to use as replacement for nvdidia filters?

1 Like

i really hope the could add the options given in the thread title.

Reshade gives you a ton of control. I had an issue with one of the filters crashing the sim. But once I deleted it I’ve had no more problems for many months now.

1 Like

I have just got an HDR10-capable monitor. When turning HDR on on Windows 11 everything is over bright and too much contrast. I ran some Windows 11 Display calibration software for HDR but that made no difference so when I ran MS FS 2020 all the colours were washed out. I have reverted to running it with HDR off.

1 Like

Yes that’s what i use,you can get lots of reshafde presets off of flightsim.to

However , you have to install all the reshades to get the full effect and a couple crash the sim , but just delete them and you have a perfect suite of reshades you can play around with or just use a free preset from flightsim.to

I have got it sorted now. I have turned the HDR option on in the monitor and also run at 180hz refresh rate. Still 1920 by 1080 though.

Voted

i will concur in that we (or at least i) need individual (per color) control of at least brightness, contrast and saturation. The green channel needs a lot of work on this sim. Nvidia filters dont cut it for me.

Have you tried the free program called Reshade I don’t know whether it does what you want as I haven’t tried it. Home (reshade.me)

1 Like

i havent, could you provide a screenshot of the color control options?

the thing is that i am severely hardware limited so i am reluctant to add software layers on top of the game, given that my setup is already pretty maxed out as it is…

it would be good if the solution was in-game

As I said I haven’t tried it. It is mentioned in a post above and they are using it.

right… sorry… i read your post too fast, my bad

1 Like