Options, profile menus disappeared; planes are purple/pink

Could you try the following:

• rename (so that you have a backup) your “fs-base” folder and move it outside of your OneStore folder
  • restart the sim and it will re-download it automatically (about 7GB)

Maybe it can fix your menu & world map issues.

2 Likes

Instead of a full reinstall can you change the MS server you are using? I have seen weird things like this before. At times changing the server helped. Other times I had to use a VPN to get things to load properly. Then mysteriously one day it all fixed itself. It might not help but it’s something to try before uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Where is this found on the C drive?

It is not necessarily on your C drive. All depends if during initial installation you let it by default the C drive or you chose another drive. You need to look for your FS2020 folder and under it you’ll have the Official and OneStore folders.

I had that issue. Your solution helped me! Thank you so much. It is much easier than whole reinstall. :smiley:

1 Like

I am having this issue but cant find the folder to delete and re-install

Hi @kSpy62 & welcome to the forums! :slightly_smiling_face:

Have you tried using the search functionality in Windows Explorer to find the folder?
Because users can choose where to install MSFS, I can’t give you a definitive answer of where to find the folder (plus, I’m using the MS Store version), but the default install location for packages on steam is:

C:\Users*YourUsername*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages

so you might start your search there.

1 Like

Yes, I have exact problem. Any resolutions?

Hi @simon4188
As far as I know, the options/ profiles menu issue has not yet been resolved. You can see the status of this issue by clicking on the “Options menu disappeared” link @hester40MT provided in the 2nd post on this thread (above). It is currently feedback-logged with a workaround.