Orbx - Alaska Mesh

That explains the pink airplane in the screenshot I saw.

Nope- quite bizarre!

I emptied my community folder so that Orbx Alaska Mesh was the only addon in there and the issue remains. Very strange…

7 Likes

Looks disappointing, just like NZ mesh. Gonna pass on this one too. Can’t see much difference. I mean sure side by side there’s some difference but without the default scenery on the side i wouldn’t notice a difference. These should be freeware.

I do agree that the mesh alone - at least from the areas I explored - doesn’t massively improve the situation over the default.

I personally got the package after the notice on their forum that it includes PANJ - they should add this information to their product page as it’s a big selling point.
The included PANJ is a ‘Throwback Thursday’-level airport (a port, but it’s not bad), and in my case I’m happy with airport and mesh for the price - especially since the mesh pops way less than default on my system.

2 Likes

do you put this in community folder cause i only have 8fps with this mesh ?? any ideas ??

Where did you buy it? I thought is was only available from Orbx at the moment, in which case just install it in the Orbx folder which links to the community folder.

I get no noticeable FPS hit with this mesh

This Scenery is pretty sweet. It does really enhance the scenery quite a bit.

I did a flight around the Denali’s and it was very impressive. Yeah I know, wrong Livery for the Area, but its all good!

3 Likes

its my fault i have a problem with mfs i think it comes with my graphic card,sorry apologizes to orbx !!

OrbX mesh screenshots are clearly on the left side.

That is indeed a selling point. Could you take a picture what PAJN looks like in the new sim?

Of course. I’ll take a few screenshots in a couple of hours.

Edit: Here you go:

3 Likes

Wow. Thank you!!! Surprising this is part of a mesh addon and Orbx isn’t even touting it as a feature on the product page. Will get the mesh right the moment it comes to Xbox.

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

A word of caution about version difference - not specifically related to the XboX.
There has been one occurrence where some ‘extras’ have been limited to the versions directly purchased from Orbx, for example CYBD/Bella Coola from OrbxDirect includes a few improvements to CZST/Stewart as well. CZST is not present in the package purchased from the MSFS Marketplace.
When the time comes, I’d ask on their forum before purchasing.

Thanks for the advice, will do.

This pack finally made it into the store this past week. After seeing a lot of people that said it didn’t really make a difference, I know I debated whether this was a “pick up now” or a “pick up later when there is nothing in the store”. The fact that it had Juno was what made me decide to go for it now. But I am going to have to say, it does make a huge difference. You know how base MSFS the coast line just kind of melts into the water? It’s not really well defined, they just kind of merge together. Well, this pack really defines the coast. People were right that I wouldn’t notice if this mountain was more curved or shape than it should be, but the coastline was just kind of “meh” before. Now it is very nicely detailed, and considering most of my paid airports for Alaska are all along the coast, this is a pack that will really make a difference. I did a tour about two months ago from PAUN down the coast, now I’m going to have to give that another go because I know I will enjoy it more with a more defined coastline now.

2 Likes

It really makes quite a difference!

I think the problem is that the base sim’s terrain looks so good (and is already better than most past simulators) that the improvements from the Orbix mesh don’t jump out because they’re not obvious changes. But they are there, and in certain areas they can make a huge difference.

Yes, they are there. I’m just saying I’m not as familiar with the terrain, so I wouldn’t know which mountains are off. However, I knew by just sight before the coast probably didn’t looks as it did, but with the terrain mesh there is much more detail of the coast line. It’s more defined, it doesn’t just blend into the water. You can see where there is an elevation above the water. The coastlINE with the mesh looks amazing. The coast line alone is worth the price, but now add in the mountains, and then junea airport, and it’s a no brained decision

Just started flying the coast of Alaska with the Orbx Alaska Mesh and found that the smaller airports taxi ways are messed up and follow the topography of the surrounding area. Big bumps and hilly taxi ways and parking areas. Really sucks considering It does add a nice touch to the terrain while flying. So far I’ve only tested with 3 airports. PAHN taxi ways are messed up. Flew to Juneau and it’s fine but from there flew to PAOH and found the same problems with the taxi ways and parking as I did at PAHN. Deleted the Mesh from my content manager and loaded into PAOH and found the tarmac flat and level. Anyone else dealing with this issue?