ORBX EGHI - Southampton

As a local to this area, I was excited to check out ORBX’s Southampton and I have to say, I am thoroughly impressed.

ORBX did an incredible job on this one, it’s not the biggest of airports with the 737/A320 family being the largest aircraft supported at this airport.

From memory of previous flights to Southampton, the surrounding area feels improved as well, there is a slightly noticeable performance hit for me but that happens with a lot of addons, I would say similar performance to some of ORBX’s other UK airports (Leeds Bradford, Newcastle)

I can especially recommend this you fly turboprops, the freeware Q400 goes perfectly with this.

Here’s a few screenshots so you can see for yourself, I will post more screenshots throughout the day highlighting more of this beautiful airport.

3 Likes

Here’s some more screenshots, even the Spitfire in front of the airport looks great!

My only issue with this whole scenery is the snow (it rarely ever snows here anyway so it’s not a deal breaker) it feels far too clear, other than that this is a perfect addon.

1 Like

Just got this too, love it. Spent many a year as a youngster spotting at EGHI in the late 70’s. Looks a bit different now though!

2 Likes

The approach for RWAY 2 always makes me hope to get stuck in traffic whenever I go past it, ORBX modelling that section of the M27 helped make this scenery as great as it is.

1 Like

Hah, same! :laughing:

2 Likes