Orbx Himalaya & Central Asia Mesh for MSFS - First Look & Review

Works for me with SU9. Didn’t test after yesterdays hotfix tho.

did a full re-download + reinstall and its doing it again

might be yesterday’s hotfix… :man_shrugging:

EDIT:
got an answer from ORBX’s support

so the NZ mesh is broken now. greatttt.

there’s gotta be a better way for Micrososft to do these releases without breaking so many things. all of the other meshes from around the world are broken as well and havem’t been fixed.

maybe give OrbX a heads up or something

same issue here. No sure if it happened after SU9 or after hotfix . Any other updates from them on the fix / ETA?

SU9 was the guilty one. But it broke many more addons which include custom elevation data, not only ORBX meshes.

Cheers

Hope itll be fix with SUX…

I am on SU 10 Beta and it is still the same issue. ORBX never fixed the problem for either current or future release. It is a shame. This was the only item I purchased from them so far - glad I did not buy more as it seems they never update things if they break.

I get that Devs need time but at this point they had plenty of time to fix it and chose not too.

Is it still broken with the latest update?

Nope it was updated one week ago and now works post-SU9

Thanks? Are there any comparison videos?
It seems huge in download/install size (I realize it covers a large area though) so the benefits need to be big enough to make it worthwhile.

1 Like

If you fly over the area a lot you’ll definitely notice an improvement. The aerial imagery for the Himalaya’s is the weakest link though. Its not great in a lot of places.

lots of clouds

Mesh plus hand made hero objects for significant features/mountains is really what’s needed. You’ll never get the level of detail required from mesh alone.