Orbx "Idaho's Deadly 3" - What's up?

Orbx Central app has a new scenery listing for “Idaho’s Deadly 3 - Dewey Moore, Simonds, and Vines”, but there’s no description and a wonky price. Anyone know what’s up with this? Can’t find anything on their website either.

2 Likes

Probably a placeholder for a future product that wasn’t supposed to be visible for the public.

4 Likes

Just buy it and see what happens :slight_smile:

Yeah probably just a placeholder. I’m sure they’ll announce it soon then.

You could probably buy the real land for that price :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Personal Comments and Observations

The names match Iowa Mountain/Backcountry airstrips that look pretty challenging.

Iowa has mountains?

2 Likes

Challenging Bushstrips, the identifiers are fictional, as they arent official airports, just backcountry strips for bushflying.

Personal Comments and Observations

Iowa has twenty-eight (28) officially named mountains - Hawkeye Point (1,600 feet) and Pilot Knob (1,400 feet) come to mind.

For me any elevation that was big enough to intersect above 500’ accidentally was a mountain in my view. And my CFI shared that opinion. That’s why we’re both still alive to tell our stories.

2 Likes

1,600 feet… laughs in Coloradan :joy:

4 Likes

In fairness, navigating VFR over the prairies is harder than through the mountains. There are some pretty big handrails in the mountains (valleys, roads, railways and rivers) while on the prairies all the roads and towns look about the same from above. Would be embarrassing to bump into “Pilot Knob” because you thought you were one range road further south than you actually were…

3 Likes

I bought it. I love ORBX, but this is barely worth the $12,000 price point.

8 Likes

Ok, that was funny.

1 Like

Here is the official announcement. Looks good!

2 Likes

Only glaring issue I see is something common when somebody across the drink makes American content…that is NOT a deer you’ll find in North America. Looks like a fallow deer. Should be a mule deer or an elk around there.

1 Like

Even the Massachusettsan is giggling a little here… :laughing:

1 Like