ORBX Norway ENGM CTD

Hi all,

I just bought the new scenery this morning, fired up a PMDG B738 flight from Helsinki (EFHK) and was on a 4 mile short final when everything froze.

It held the freeze for about 20 seconds and finally, back to desktop.

I can’t even remember the last time I’ve CTD so the timing suggests a possible issue with this scenery. I also recently updated my nvidia drivers to latest, but that was before I even got the scenery.

Anyone else having any issues?

TIA

Remove the scenery and test again.

Today i have a lot CTD and i never had it before. Nothing has changed on my side, except the mirosoft february update yesterday. I have tried everything. Sometimes it works, sometimes a ctd without warning. Something is wrong with the sim i guess.

I’m assuming you mean remove, then reinstall and test?

I can try that and just do a quick approach from the Main Menu and see what happens.

But now that I’m thinking about it, I did just update the PMDG B738 and I haven’t flown it since, so it could possibly be that too.

I guess I’ll try the approach with the B738 and see what happens, and if it happens again, try the FENIX A320.

1 Like

Yes, the same thing happened to me today, but with another plane.
I was doing a short flight between ENNO and ENGM. Almost about to land on 01L (following ATC instructions) and suddenly CTD.
I have restarted the simulator and tried to take off and land on the same runway, going around the airport and everything has worked correctly.
Perhaps it was coincidence and an isolated CTD. It had been a long time since I had a CTD.

@approachingmax After the February update I haven’t had any problems so far, so I don’t think it was the cause either.

I think also it has nothing to do with the ms februar update. i also have tested different nvidea drivers, with empty community folder, 3th part and vanilla airports and tons of other things. i guess ENGM is not the problem. i have it too, nothing i have changed so far and normaly ctd are realy rare on my side. At the end it could be a sim problem, server, online…whatever

1 Like

We suspect that this may something to do with character length of the aircraft’s title in its aircraft.cfg.

It was picked up in testing when using the Norwegian livery that PMDG has available in the Ops Centre.

See this thread regarding the crash

There may be some AI aircraft that contain long titles?

Uninstalling the Nool Aero VDGS fixed the CTD issue for me.
Editing the length of the title entry in the aircraft.cfg file as suggested by developer Finn, didn’t help.
I’m flying the PMDG 738 with the Norwegian LN-NGM livery.

I also have CTD usinge the new Orbx ENGM Scenery.
Same “sulotion” as @CaptOle, uninstalled the Nool Aero VDGS fixed my CTDs.

I did some more testing: Removed all the content of my Community-folder, except for ENGM and the Noolaero VDGS module —> No CTD’s
I will do some more testing…

The same issue. I’ve flown two times to ENGM and two CTD. CTD occurred during final approach. In my case I flew Fenix A320, Lufthansa and Eurowings livery. I have no Noolareo VDGS installed.

For me the CTD was caused by one of the PMDG 737-800 liveries (LN-NOD, downloaded from flightsim.to)

I also got ENGM today and landed on the 19L with the PMDG 737-800. No CTD, no FPS drops and it just looks fantastic.

Hi all, found the issue! Had a same crash at both ENGM and EGLL and this lead me to the Nool VDGS module. After uninstalling, both sceneries work without issues. The Orbx ENGM installs version 4.0.1 which is giving troubles. Installing v3.3.0 make the CTD’s appear.

Possibly related to a new featur which is not behaving correctly.

So until a fix is published I suggest uninstalling Nool and install v3.3.0 from here: Index of /MSFS/VDGS/Releases/ (nool.ee)

3 Likes

Getting crashes at Orbx ENGM here too.

It seems fine until I connect to Vatsim or load up FSLTL, then it crashes within seconds everytime. It’s like it’s not behaving with the extra aircraft.

Deleted Nool VDGS from Community folder. Everything works ok now.

This worked but nool 3.3.0 doesn’t now, in this airport.

For me deleting AIG from community made CTDs disappear on Orbx ENGM. Still have Noolaero 4.0.1 (downloaded from Nools website) in community with no CTD.

So while I was in fact using the LN-NGM livery from PMDG, all AI traffic/multiplayer was off as I typically don’t like to fly with it on due to performance.

Someone else in the thread noted having the issue on final for 01L (forget to mention RWY in the OP).

I haven’t had time to get back to it, but after reading through the thread the Nool Aero VDGS fix seems to be working so I’m going to start with that one and see what happens.

Will report back later with findings. Thanks to all who have contributed ITT.

Check out @OrbxEd post above. It sounds like you might have the issue noted there.

Currently my third attempt is undergoing. I’m flying to ENGM with the Nool VDGS uninstalled. We will see what will happen…

1 Like