Orbx Tacoma Narrows CTD

Anytime I load into Tacoma narrows or even the Seattle/NW Washington area I get a CTD. Removing the Orbx Tacoma Narrows lets me load into the SeaTac or other Washington airports fine. The issue persists even after removing everything from the community folder, so I’m not sure its conflicting with anything in particular. Just never seems to work for me after the holiday time. I bought it from the Orbx desktop app (not the in game marketplace) around black Friday, and back before Christmas it worked just fine. I tried to find other people with this issue but they mentioned conflicts with airports I didn’t have like flightbeam Denver, the Seattle landmarks or Wycombe airpark. (I did actually have Wycombe air park but it was uninstalled at the time of the Tacoma CTD so its definitely not that either.) There doesn’t seem to be much progress on the Orbx support forum either, and people have been mentioned this problem there since December so Im not holding much hope.

I feel ORBX is slowly but surely deteriorating. Products are being released that are just not up to their previous standards when they were stand-alone developers.

I may be wrong.

I flew up to SeaTac without a problem. Then purchased Tacoma Narrows from the Marketplace and was planning on flying back down there to see it. But like you, I now get a CTD every time I try loading into SeaTac, or any of the other airports in the area. This has been going on now for weeks, and I can’t understand why the folks at Orbx haven’t succeeding in fixing it, assuming the problem is at their end. We should get our money back if they can’t fix it. I’ve purchased other add-ons for that area, and can’t use them. Annoying.

1 Like

I just had to remove the Tacoma narrows airport for now. It’s a shame but now I can at least fly in that area again. I just don’t understand why there is no progress on their end. They keep going in circles on the forums.

What’s even more frustrating is that the thread on the Orbx forums is labelled “resolved” when it is anything but. The solution? Remove any other airports from the community folder that might cause a conflict. Which I did, and it didn’t work. Plus that’s a workaround not a resolution. I should be able to make a round trip flight between any airport in the sim if I so choose.

Perhaps it’s from an airport I bought in the in sim marketplace, but I have a bunch, so it would be quite tedious to uninstall and reinstall each one. They don’t even seem to be trying.

The Bugs and Issues category is dedicated to bugs & issues for the core sim (not mods or 3rd party content). Please contact the third party publisher concerning bugs.

I am moving this thread to Third Party Addon Discussion-Airports.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.