Orbx YBBN and Brisbane cityscape crashing

G’day!

I’ve had the Orbx YBBN and Brisbane cityscape for around a month now, but I tend to avoid flying near Brisbane as I’m just riddled with CTDs. I can fly to YBCG just fine, and I can fly to YBSU just fine. However, flying out of YBSU to YMML gives me CTDs most of the time (flying right near/over Brisbane), going near the cityscape or airport also serves with a CTD.

Any help in resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated. If it helps, I have the Australian world update installed.

Cheers,
Jack

2 Likes

Ive had both since they released, I don’t get CTD’s but do have horrendous performance at YBBN. When flying in, as soon as I hit the airport boundary my frames tank, right down to 7 - 9 and never recover. Sometimes, it will also start stuttering on approach. Around release I did see a fair few others over on the Orbx forums also having these performance issues.

I did some testing again recently and I found that with just the city installed everything was fine for me. With just the airport, I have the issues appear. So it seems to be that YBBN itself is the issue (at least on my end).

I opened a ticket with Orbx recently and unfortunately the Dev cannot recreate the performance problems.

3 Likes

I’m on Xbox and have issues as well. We don’t have the cityscape yet but do have their airport. Definitely a cross platform issue.

I also opened a ticket months ago and doesn’t look like anything really came of it. It’s long been suspected the retail version of the Xboxes are reacting totally different in some ways compared to the devs emulations. Perhaps something similar going on for PC’s as well, I dunno.

Yeah, it’s a pretty annoying problem. Both the cityscape and airport are from the marketplace in my case.

1 Like

For the few times I’ve been able to go there without a CTD, fps hasnt been worse than FlyTampa YSSY, usually better.

Got served with a CTD here, on climb en route to Melbourne.

That’s a fair way out in a sense, specially from the CBD. Many times I’ve been able to do low-very low level passes over the airport without issue other than maybe some stuttery nonsense. I just can’t really land there or stay for long because the CTD chance goes through the roof out of nowhere. The WU version of the city I can usually hang out for awhile.

It is, and it’s very frustrating. It happens that far out and within the CBD and BNE too.

Lots of people have complained about bad performance with Orbx YBBN. I sent a ticket in, they suggested I should change my graphics settings to much lower, but why would I do that just for the one problem airport?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve heard lots of people making complaints. The problem for me isn’t really fps, but CTDs.