Outside view Jerky/Jittery when turning on the Ground - HP Reverb G2

I have been unable to get rid of a tearing effect when on the ground and turning. You can see it in the buildings seeming to be offset and multiplied while turning. Same with parked airliners. It is very immersion breaking. Another consequence is that taxi way signs are hard to read while the plane is moving.

I don’t experience this in Xplane so I has to be related to the OpenXR implementation or some settings in MSFS. I am running an i9900k/2080ti/HP Reverb G2

Have you opened the developers mode and checked what your system is being bottlenecked by?

Yes…Been down this path for a while. I am Limited by GPU and sometimes Mainthread…I have an overclocked 2080ti and overclocked i9900k.

Ok try checking this video out.

https://youtu.be/jReDq1ingXI

Please let me know if that helps your issue.

This is called “juddering” and there is no way to get rid of this unless you’re natively rendering at your headset refresh rate (for example 90Hz), or you use motion smoothing (which solves juddering but causes wobbling instead…).

Why is it implemented better on Xplane then? What is the fundamental reason for this? I will try on the rift s and see if it is any different.

XP11 is using OpenVR (Valve API) whereas FS2020 is using OpenXR (Khronos API) with a specific WMR OpenXR driver. This might account for the difference because:

Frame syncing problems using Valve SteamVR OpenXR driver with FS2020

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.