Ovation download problem (stuck on decompressing)

Yes! Do that. In fact, delete all those (or copy them to another folder to keep) so you try it without them or with them should it fail. But def delete the one we extracted.

Ok, sounds good. I’ll try that now

1 Like

UGH
So now it is stuck decompressing the patch

Should I manually extract those too? And if so, to where? The Ovation folder again?

Yes, since we have backup of it to revert back to if this doesn’t work.

Ok, forgive my ignorance, but do I just extract the latest one? Does the latest one have everything in it from the other patches, or do I do them one at a time in order?

I’m not 100% sure, but let’s do them in order - as that seems how they are doing it.

Well, I can’t thank you enough.
I screwed up extracting the patches the first time and it still showed it needed updating but after my second attempt all is well. I just completed a short flight and everything went perfect. The weather sucks, but the plane is just as I remembered it.
Thank you so much for all your help and taking the time to try different things with me.
I am truly grateful.
I will update zendesk with what we did and that it is working. I’m sure I’m on the bottom of the list since there aren’t many people with this problem, but at least they’ll know it’s working.

Thank you again

1 Like

Well. After I finished typing that out, I went back in to make the reverse flight. I went in to invert the flight plan and it CTD. ARRGH. Hopefully that was a fluke.
I’ll keep you updated. At least I got my plane back.

1 Like

When you update the zendesk ticket, tell them that manually extracting with WinRAR works, but users should not have to do this and most won’t even know how to do it. They need to look into why their own download/installer isn’t extracting and gets stuck on “decompressing”. And also applies to first installing MSFS and updates. Doing a search on the forum for “decompressing” is hundreds of posts.

@KCstarlifter,
I’ve modified your topic title to put the word “decompressing” on it.

Yes, I let them know what we did with the WinRAR. Hopefully they get that fixed. I just find it weird that the other 3 aircraft I bought had no issue what so ever.

Update on the Ovation…
I went in and made the exact same flight I did earlier. Shut down the engine and went totally black. Started it back up and went into the flight plan and it worked like it’s supposed to. I’m not sure why the CTD happened before, but I re-created the scenario and it worked fine. Thank god.

Thanks again for all your help. Hopefully someone with the same issue will read through all this craziness and get theirs fixed too.

1 Like

Glad you’re up and going!

Happy flying!

1 Like