Overclocking, Hyperthreading & Virtualisation

Alright, thanks for all the info. At 1.35v and 5.3 on p cores and 4.1 on e cores id be surprised if I could boot in to windows but il give it a try.

Any quick way to do a msfs stress test. Seems painful to constantly change settings and keep loading msfs again and again

In your 12900K BIOS, do you have hyperthreading enabled or disabled, and what about Virtualization Technology? is it enabled or disabled?

1 Like

Also HAGS? Game Mode? Resizable BAR?

1 Like

I think Hyper enables, virtualization disabled.
Hags on, game mode off, Resizable BAR on.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

wow, thatā€™s surprising (keeping Hyper enabled).
so in review: weā€™ve got, Hyperthreading enabled, Virt. disabled (BIOS), then in Windows 10, Iā€™ve got Hardware acceleration ON, Game Mode Off, and Resizable BAR on (XBOX resizable bar Iā€™m assuming)?

Itā€™s got to be a bad chip, where did you purchase that 12900K? Was it in the gold disc, unopened?

love the tips but something is wrong with your PC thermals if 100% fan at 60C can only keep it to 79Cā€¦ (i think)

hahaha, you are right, thereā€™s a typo there.
Instead of 60, it should read 80.
The thing is that with this card, I rarely hit the low 70ā€™s.
Cheers!

1 Like

:wink: Iā€™m no expert by any means but something looked wrong there!

I guess itā€™s a case of YMMV with Hyperthreading since I donā€™t see any noticeable difference in VR performance with HT on or off. (i7-10700K, RTX 3080) Was worth a try anyway.

It once seemed to make a large difference, I think weā€™re down to slight if any on older CPUā€™s like my 9900k

I think, or at least my guess is for any difference for newer CPU would be with DX12, Re-BAR and above 4G also engaged ā€¦ at least thatā€™s a theory I look forward to testing someday.

Having upgraded from a 3800X I can confirm that on my rig SMT disabled no longer has any benefit (DX12). This is (loosely) backed up with almost identical Cinebench single core scores.
5800X, rtx3060 (with resizable bar on)

1 Like

I have a 12900k and in many times I have tried HT off, I didnĀ“t ā€œfeelā€ a gain, if youĀ“ve got temps problems, disabling HT youĀ“ll see a gain for less throttling, maybe that is the case of someone.

same if set power limit to 100w

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.