Owners of GeForce 600/700/900 series cards, please chime in

Yes, I sent them three follow ups with some questions, never heard from them until now.

So maybe they really put some thinking into this one and finally will be able to acknowledge that they´ve done the last patch very poorly for old GPU´s and fix their own mistake.

Fingers crossed for you guys!!

1 Like

Thank you, this is quite encouraging indeed. I’ll hold some reservation since it could simply be a difference in the support agent addressing the tickets, but if more people receive this message it could be an indication that they are really in the process of fixing this.

As a reminder, everyone please upvote this thread. It needs only 9 more votes to make it into the Feedback Snapshot, which means that even if they are still against fixing the issue, they will have to publicly address it.

That is very good news, Jaymz1097. Maybe the Votes are making a difference.

I just ordered an Nvidia 2070super - but I am not sure how well it will mix with my dated rig.

Anyways still very interested in this issue, since I think it sets an example of how Asobo deals with these kind of challenges…

Was that GPU on a good discount? Because at the same MSRP the RTX 3070 can deliver the same performance as the RTX 2080 Ti, and the RTX 3060 Ti next month for about $400 should perform similarly to the RTX 2080. Availability is an issue though, and with those flickering clouds it is very hard to wait on an upgrade, I just want to make sure you know that the RTX 2070 Super would become a poor choice soon.

In Germany, where I come from, all higher end GPUs are hard to get atm. So prices are high.

The card I was able to order is an INNO3D GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Twin X2 OC.
This card is unpopular because it is supposed to be relatively loud - that is why it is still in stock.
Paid 450€ for it.

But as I said earlier, don’t even know if this card will perform well in my old rig.
Maybe would have to change power supply - Mine is 600W, which is less than the recommended 650W. Also do not know if the card will physically fit in my rig.

So maybe I will have to return the card since buying a completely new rig is out of the question for me currently.

Best solution to all of this still would be if we can actually get a fix from Asobo on the flickering clouds problem.

Some of us are discussing the CPU´s in this very thread CPU cores?
I´d be curious what your specs are, I´m able to run the 1660 OC just fine with pretty old Xeon. More details are in that thread, don´t want to go off topic within this thread.

Keep voting people!!

Thanks
I hope that they fix this bug😁

AQ bit late… but I have a gtx 970 and have no issues

I see. Even if it’s not a great value at that price, it’s still a very good card that should keep you satisfied. If the return window is large, I would still keep an eye on new GPUs coming out soon. The RTX 3060 Ti will be using a cut-down GA106 die which means that, especially with the poor yields, availability should be better compared to the RTX 3070.

Yea, have to unload all those older GPUs somehow.

I received same message last week. Really hoping they do. Was considering FS2020 as a Christmas present, (gave them FSX years ago) trying to figure their system specs, but those seem meaningless now. 4core processor gonna be obselete next.

if it’s 4core without hyperthreading (so 4C/4T), it’s already obsolete.

Quotes from Windows Central:

Blockquote
Another big question regarding Microsoft Flight Simulator for Xbox is whether or not the difficult port to gaming hardware dating back to 2013 would hold back the PC version’s glory, which is completely understandable. However, a recent virtual Q&A was quick to assuade these fears, stating that the teams’ efforts to realize their goal of bringing Microsoft Flight Simulator to Xbox consoles has actually aided the game on PC, helping them optimize more effectively for lower end PC hardware and open up the game to even more players.

Blockquote

Blockquote
However, the team’s contents allude to Microsoft Flight Simulator’s optimizations across hardware, meaning the game could scale from Xbox One / S, to One X, and finally to the Xbox Series X|S with increased performance and visual fidelity at each level.

Blockquote
So they can scale it to run on 3 series of Xbox, but can’t scale it to run on PCs that it originally ran on, or at least provide a version that will. If an update makes it quit running on your PC too bad, your SOL.
Go buy a new PC or an Xbox.

1 Like

Yeah, it is interesting to note that the original Xbox One is using the GCN 2.0 architecture which first appeared in 2013, and that its GPU performs very similarly to the GTX 750 which I have. And it is much worse in performance compared to GPUs like the GTX 770 or the GTX 780 Ti.

I think they are out of excuses at this point.

1 Like

As a heads-up, it has been reported that this issue has not been fixed with the 1.10.11.0 update. Considering it is a major bug, and such bugs are usually fixed swiftly, unfortunately it seems even more likely that it is not in their plans to correct it eventually.

I would recommend updating your Zendesk reports regarding the new patch, and don’t forget to upvote this thread, which now has enough votes to appear in a future Feedback Snapshot but could always use as many as possible.

I can confirm that Update 1.10.11.0 has NOT fixed this issue - I have updated my Zendesk report.

1 Like

Does anyone know if update # 6 fixed the flickering clouds issue, or will I have to buy PC. :frowning:
If so, they should update the minimum requirements because they lied about it.

No fix yet, but I’m assuming it’s still coming, because they have not told me anything else but to watch for it. They did say in dev updates that Xbox optimizations would help lower spec systems, right before clouds broke them. I would think they would have the courtesy to let myself and others know if they changed their minds. And not just sweep it under the carpet and hope it goes away.

1 Like

What gpu do you have and what did you set the clouds to. Maybe lack of vram.The cards having these issues are pretty dated.Probably does not support graphical features well the sim is taking advantage off.