Owners of GeForce 600/700/900 series cards, please chime in

It might not be this patch! Hopefully soon

1 Like

Thanks! Now it says to keep an eye on the patch notes “in the next few weeks” which is somewhat encouraging, though it could mean the late January patch as well.

Still, it’s sad to see that support are still not aware that “Volumetric Clouds” is not a graphics setting in the options menu. It shows that there is not much thought behind those replies, and it makes me wonder whether they are actually trying to fix this.

1 Like

I don’t really think you can turn volumetric clouds off in the graphic settings, only to low.
You can turn them off in developer mode, but then you have to have dev mode on all the time and then logbook doesn’t work I think.
Actually, it is somehow possible to have some dev options change and left on (like FPS etc), but it’s kind of hit or miss. There is a save settings option in the dev menu but not really sure how it works. May have something to do with how you turn dev options off. I’ve played with the settings and had things stuck on or off. Again the combo of things I mentioned (save settings, how you turn dev options off) and the setting that is on when you shut down the sim. Also activities that force weather. No real guide or manual and results are very hit or miss. Only thing that works somewhat consistently is leave dev options on and volumetric off. But then no logbook.

Yes, I am also one of the squat nice weather fliers. I also thought that my laptop Acer 2.6 - 3.5 GHz with 16 GB Ram and a GTX 860m met the minimum requirements! Is probably not the case in retrospect. I also paid for the big package

There is in Dev tools. But,didn’t do much

Support have said that they will prioritise a fix accordingly based on the amount of people that report the issue. As such, if you haven’t already, you need to send a report to Zendesk and upvote the two threads I’m linking below (by clicking the blue “Vote” button next to the thread’s title) to help towards the cause.

This will be fixed with Sim Update II according to the latest Feedback Snapshot! Our ancient graphics cards will be brought to life again!

2 Likes

Chaotic,

Sounds fantastic but are you sure it’s not update eleven!

FF

Good thinking, though if you look at the way “2021” is written, the “1” looks different than the “II” in this section. Besides, if it were Sim Update 11, then we would be looking for a fix in 2022 or something!

Support said to look out for patch notes in the next few weeks, so I’m confident that this Tuesday we will be able to fly with clouds again!

4 Likes

I am looking forward to flying through clouds again. This is great news and it really shows what a bit of organizing can accomplish. Thanks to Asobo and MS for prioritizing this.

FF

3 Likes

And you CS!

2 Likes

Great news seeing that the issue is “FIXED”.
I would like to thank you ChaoticSplendid for spearheading and organizing all of us in what seems like a successful effort.

5 Likes

I already have a new computer, but I’m glad our commitment made them fix this bug. Not everyone can buy new equipment right away

6 Likes

Terrible clouds

With the latest patch including a fix for this problem that has plagued us for nearly two months now, it has been confirmed by owners of Kepler and Maxwell 1.0 GPUs that the flashing clouds are gone now. Thanks to everyone for the reports!

9 Likes

We must thank u man :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can confirm - as ChaoticSplendid said - this problem has now been fixed.

2 Likes

This is welcoming news my friends! You guys have been awesome!

2 Likes

Wow … At last I could see the clouds again
Thank you for your good work. All the best with all other improvements

3 Likes

Hi guys, great news! Special thanks to ChaoticSplendid and BlueAlbatros for organizing us towards a solution.

I’ve been using X-Plane 11 in the meantime and was actually positively surprised by it, me being an msfs guy since I was born. Although I’ll probably be switching back to FS2020 for now.

Happy Holidays and CAVOK! (no pun intended lol)

2 Likes