đź“ŚOzark Mountains Chicken Run - Arkansas, USA

Welcome to this week’s flight, the 157th event in Gunpilot’s Challenging Flights.

This week all of us get to fly through a beautiful part of the State of Arkansas in the USA. Located to the north/northwest of Little Rock, the Ozark Mountains and surrounding region presents great landscape vistas to fly over and into.

Ozark-Mountain-Camper-Rentals_Lookout_CO-Shutterstock

The region the event is being held has a lot of poultry farms, easily spotted by the long thin poultry sheds that are dotted right througout the area. Hence the event being named “OZARK MOUNTAINS CHICKEN RUN”. We will make use of these landmarks both for navigation, as well as providing us with some interesting landing challenges along the way.

We will be tackling this challenging flight in the Rockwell Bronco.

The OV-10 Bronco is a twin engine, twin tail boom multi purpose airplane developed in 1968. It was developed for reconnaissance, forward air control and light transport missions. It is a single pilot airplane but has a second seat for an observer or instructor behind the pilot. The plane has a cargo-bay that can be used to drop paratroopers. The Bronco was liked because of its ability to fly low and slow, yet its no slouch at the high end, having a cruise speed of around 250+ knots.

The Bronco is equipped with two turboprops producing around 715 hp each. Each engine drives a three blade, constant speed, counter-rotating propeller. Pitch and reverse thrust can be adjusted using the power levers.

It has just recently been release as a free aircraft on Flightsim.to and after flying it for many hours over the past week I can honestly say its a true delight to fly and offers unparelled cockpit visibility, especially if you fly in VR. You can even fly it from the rear pilots seat if you want to. Takeoff and landing ability is just mind blowing, beating the Caravan hands down and can be put into much tighter landing spots than we could ever attempt in the Caravan.

And the best thing about this aircraft???

images

Just click on this link below and download it and its all yours!

Flightsim.to

North American Rockwell OV-10 Bronco for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

âś“ North American Rockwell OV-10 Bronco is a Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 mod created by Ariebaba. Download for free to enhance your experience in MSFS 2020.

*Again, a packaged up WEATHER file has been developed and included along with the flight plan, negating any need for anyone to dial in weather settings, as well as ensuring that all pilots are experiencing exactly the same weather conditions. The Weather Preset file is located in #gunpilots-events (click GUNPILOT’s Server to be taken there). Extract file into your Community Folder prior to launching your sim for the flight.

When: Thursday 2nd November @ 2300UTC

Where: Ozark Mountains, Arkansas, USA

Flight Duration: Approx 3hrs (depending on numbers attending)

Aircraft: Rockwell Bronco

Server: SOUTH EAST ASIA

Discord Server: GUNPILOT’s Server . Click on this link and you will be sent a very welcoming INVITE that will enable you to fully participate in the radio chatter with all the other pilots in the flight

Voice Chat accessed by clicking on Comms Radio
(GUNPILOT’s Server ). If you are going to fly with us, ensure to join into the chatter on Comms Radio. If you don’t then you will miss out on a number of challenges that are given over the radio and you will have no idea what is going down.

Ozark Mountains Chicken Run Arkansas.lnmpln (6.8 KB)

Ozark Mountains Chicken Run Arkansas.pln (7.9 KB)

I stick to planes I know, so I’ll be sitting this one out. But, I do enjoy flying the Ozarks in-sim and plan to IRL very soon. Here’s a cool website, dedicated to the region. https://www.flyoz.com/