P-51A Mrs. Virginia undercarriage clipping and prop blur

Is anyone else having problems with the P-51A, it doesn’t happen with any of the other P-51’s but the undercarriage clips through the undercarriage doors and the propeller affect is, well quite strange. It’s the only P-51 that has this propeller affect or clips as the undercarriage retracts. If tired reinstalling just the P-51A but doesn’t change it. Anyone else having the same issues with it?

This is what the propeller looks like in the hanger and the animation is even stranger in the air, it’s like you’re looking at it through an old digital camera. Quite odd.

Hello, no worry about that a quick update will be available.

4 Likes

The propeller spin animation is pretty bad with this one. I love it otherwise.

2 Likes

It’s just a bug the “low speed animation” prop is paired with the “Blurred animation”. Think the code has been brocken

1 Like

Some of their landing gear wheels don’t even turn when in movement. The tires do, but not the wheels they’re attached to.

Ah ok, thank you. I’ll keep an eye out for a patch, this is my favorite aircraft in the whole pack!

Thankyou for the reply, I do love the P-51A mostly because it very rarely features, normally always the latter D model.

Glad to hear it will be fixed soon. Love your Rafale and certainly look forward to flying this a lot more once it’s been patched. :+1:

1 Like

As you can see here the P51-A without any problems. You can espect an update in the next weeks i think.

3 Likes

Fantastic! Look forward to flying it soon.

So what is the proposed timetable for this fix? Was this an official pronouncement that a fix is coming? Or were these screenshots taken in a pre-release version that was not yet broken?

In fact, since the creation phase, there has never been a problem with the propeller (look here in october :Developer Q&A Twitch Series: October 20th, 2021 - YouTube). At the time of the sending on the marketplace the xml must have been modified I do not know how. What is certain is that the remark was sent to Asobo on November 19th to be updated. Be careful, I’m not saying that it’s Asobo’s fault, these guys are so great, their work is amazing! There must have been an error during the file transfer.

Hopefully it’s updated by Microsoft soon then. :+1:

I am the 3D artist of the P51A. I also edited the XML, for the cockpit and the exterior. During the multiple file exchanges, there was no bug on the propeller. I would never have sent the P51 with this bug. Therefore, as I said, the xml was modified for the propeller for sure, I don’t know who modified it. It may be also a problem of file exchange with the ftp (there were already problems with it). Anyway, I personally contacted Asobo on November 19th about this problem. But with each update they have to test again, that’s the procedure. Believe me, the team I work with is lovely. Unfortunately, this kind of bug happens sometimes, even with good will. So, yes, Asobo knows about it, I know about it, it will be updated :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, I may be critical when called for, but I am also complimentary. And your work is fantastic.

I have not bought the P51A yet, I am very attracted to it, but have held back with that prop issue. Now that I know your involvement with the aircraft, and your assurance that Asobo knows, I shall put my money where my mouth is and buy it today.

Did you by any chance also create the T6?

You should wait a bit for an update it will be better :smiley:

The T6 is from Asobo, P51-D standard from Asobo, Voodoo from A2A and some P51-D cockpits from ORBX

I bought it about ten minutes ago. Looking forward to the update. Perhaps if it is a single xml file that fixes it, you could upload that file as a temporary fix (unless contract forbids it!). Nice work. Amazing how different the cockpit is, compared to later Mustangs. If you ever feel like creating some repaints, it would be nice to see them. Thanks for your direct communication.

Xml are crypted in the .FSARCHIVE. So i can"t provide them. Yes i’ve quicly started a repaint, i will see if i can upload it on Flightsim.to

2 Likes

I have been flying your Mustang for the past hour. Very nicely done. I did find three repaints on flight sim dot to, and these have a temporary prop fix. If you are in the mood for a “complex” repaint in the future, the Royal Air Force finished their early Mustangs in grey/green camouflage. A quick google search for “RAF Mustang i” will provide inspiration. Thanks again for this contribution to the hobby.

2 Likes

That looks very nice!

Are there any plans to release layered paintkits for the Asobo Harvards or Mustangs?