P1NBA11ER's Retro (mostly) A320neo Livery Discussion Thread

So apparently I have to post a thread for my liveries now, if anyone wants to talk about them. Not sure I like this better than the mega list where I could simply keep track of the latest uploads by plane but c’est la vie…

Anyway, I make retro liveries (mostly) in 4k (8k liveries are way overkill) and some of you might have seen some of them in the old megathreads. All are available exclusively on flightsim.to so I can keep track of versions in one place. Please ask questions or provide feedback on current liveries here. Please do not request liveries here.

America West Airlines 90s Retro

America West Airlines 80s Retro

People Express Retro

Delta Widget Retro

AirCal Retro

PSA Retro

Braniff International Flying Colors Retro 10 Pack

JANET

4 Likes

Apparently some users are having problems with the Delta Widget livery crashing the sim. If you are having this problem, please let me know. I’m unable to duplicate this issue and would love some help narrowing down where this conflict lies.

Edit: …seems to be fixed now. Thanks!

New retro livery added… celebrate one of the dumbest names (and silliest logos) in aviation history by flying People Express from KEWR to your favorite regional. Link in the main post above.

And as always, more weird/retro stuff to come. Although this is rather dependent on whether or not the livery system is still working and the refresh issue gets fixed in update 6. :roll_eyes: Please go vote on the livery bug issues if you haven’t already.

Just added today… Braniff International Flying Color Retro 10 Pack. This includes all 10 of the original Alexander Girard Plain Plane campaign colors for the A320neo.

I have been trying to make an A320 neo livery with Arsenal Logo’s and name on, but having so much trouble in photoshop, can you possibly point me in the right direction please.

If you had said Spurs I might have just done it for you. :rofl:

Seriously though… I’m always happy to help anyone with any specific Photoshop questions but keep in mind I spent 20 or so years using it almost every day for work so it’s not the kinda thing I can just teach you through forum posts. My suggestion would be to start with basic youtube videos and try a few simple projects first. Once you get the basic concepts of how pixel based image editing works, you’ll want to look into texture painting in Blender, which is even more complicated to be honest. You can get the logo on the plane with Photoshop alone but it’s going to be fairly wonky as the pixels don’t map perfectly that way.

1 Like

:joy: :joy:Bugger, I too was in the print & design business for over 27 years (of course PS, Quark etc was infant then), I had enough of designing and went into the Fire Service for over 22 years & now retired, so the brain is a but slower, but thank you for replying. Stay safe.

Two new liveries added… both America West Airlines styles. Drop these at a gate in Phoenix (Sky Harbor - KPHX) for maximum retro vibes. Added bonus—the 90s livery is reminiscent of a Taco Bell fiesta pack box from the 90s, so it might also make you hungry. :taco:

i would like spurs