"Package failed" error message when trying to install Orbx EGLC airport

After the last update on xbox MSFS uninstalled the whole game after reinstalling and installing all my add ons i now cannot install Orbx EGLC airport i get a message "package failed " ?

Did you change your install location when you reinstalled the sim?
Does Orbx use a download manager (yes they do.)

The answer may be in there somewhere.

Same problem here. I see this is tagged Xbox and I’m also on Xbox so install location is fixed and Orbx download manager can’t be used either so the answer needs to be somewhere else. Problem started after updating to AAU2 1.33.7.0.

I was wondering about the ‘upgrade’-package! As far as I know, the EGLC ‘upgrade’-package is not yet available in the Marketplace (although it is already included in the Content manager!) Did you try ‘unwrapping’ the package and installing the airport only?

I need to pay closer attention to the tags… :zipper_mouth_face:

No problem. Helps to bump the thread :blush:

2 Likes

I managed to install it directly from the Market Place. Might be worth a try.

Mine failed initially on Xbox when trying to install it through Content Manager.

3 Likes

Awesome job thanks! I spent over half an hour trying to install Orbx EGLC on my new PC, having had it for a long time on xbox.

Like you I was seeing an EGLC London City Upgrade package in the content manager and it wouldn’t download and install. It said Package Failed but I couldn’t delete it or install it. I rebooted, restarted sim, found the incomplete EGLC files on disk and deleted them, did a rain dance, nothing was getting it to work.

But going to marketplace and installing it from the product page worked perfectly. It downloaded and installed the EGLC London City package, no upgrade, so clearly the upgrade package is wrong and broken.

I think I know why, with EGLC V2 from Orbx already released it was stated by Orbx that it would be on marketplace soon. They also said on discord that they would use the bundle system to provide a reduced cost upgrade to existing owners on marketplace. Obviously EGLC V2 has been ingested for testing by Orbx but it looks like somehow the upgrade bundle package has leaked out to users before it is ready, and thus installing it fails. I’m sure this will all sort itself out when the product is released to the public.

You should mark your post about installing from marketplace as the solution. Thanks!

4 Likes

I did try that it didn’t work for me.

I don’t believe I can mark it as a solution. I think it’s the OP that has the power. Glad it worked for you though.

Hello thank you for your help im going to give it a try as suggested will let u know the out come thanks again

I re-downloaded it and it worked !!! Thank u so much raging wombat for the magic tip!!..cheers!

1 Like

It was CD that had the genius idea not me!

Ok well thank you CD for that fix much appreciated!
Cheers!

Thanks Yorky. Glad to help. You started the ball rolling by creating the bug report.

If you could mark my post as the solution that’ll help anyone else with the same issue. Thanks

1 Like

Thank you @CD0139
Install it directly from the Market Place was the solution for me, too.

1 Like

The latest SU13 beta x.15 sounds like it has a fix for this:

I’m getting this now after SU13 and after re-downloading everything from the Market Place on Xbox series X.

Even after full restart.

All other WU/CU installed ok

Oh that’s unfortunate. Maybe the bug fix didn’t work. Note the workaround above of installing it from the marketplace instead.

Note I stated that’s exactly what ii was doing, as I’m on console so there is no other way to do that…