[PacSim] RKSI - Incheon International Airport

They have just released it.

Though I’ll wait for the marketplace version.

4 Likes

Are you sure they will put it on MarketPlace?

I have once asked them whether they eventually sell their products there or other online stores, and they meaned that probably not, due to high fees. And until now I don’t see any of their products, which were released long time ago, on MarketPlace or any other stores. So if you are on PC and like their sceneries, just pick up without hesitate.

I have their KRNO and really like it. I’m patiently waiting for their upcoming KSLC.

I’ve been waiting almost a year for this. Who cares where I buy. Just picked it up now from their store. 11GB yikes

Seems pricey but given the level of detail (including surrounding area) I will pick-up as well pending a review or 2 to make sure it’s not a fps killer. This was the last major intl. airport I was at before pandemic and it’s a great airport irl so I’m very excited to explore this one.

Does anyone know if this airport is compatible with SamScene3D’s Seoul City scenery?

Should be as it is not encroaching into samscene’s scenery

1 Like

Uh… no. I was not sure. Sorry if I implied that. I didn’t mean it. :melting_face:

I was waiting for RKSI scenery for a long time. But I’m currently collecting sceneries via MP only. I should see if this one worth to break the rule.

It sure is. Just did a flight

1 Like

Very little impact to FPS. It also helps that there’s very little default terrain and city details details by Asobo in South Korea.

I’m also using Samscene3d’s Seoul

1 Like

Excellent, thanks for the update. Sounds like it’s worth the price. I’ll pick this up and samscene scenery as it looks like some of the SIDs/STARs go over Seoul. So nice to finally have a good airport in Korea!

Sheeesh…those must be some extreme high quality textures, but ehh it does cover the whole island🤣

1 Like

Some of my initial thoughts after downloading and a few flights. With airports of this size I assume there are trade-offs to be made for performance so the interior modeling is pretty bare-bones, no control tower interiors, and some of the textures don’t look very good close-up but performance is excellent.

I like the clear jetways and the few gates I tried worked well with GSX without any customization and I could see passengers boarding through jetway windows.

The price is justified to me because it models the exterior of the airport very well and covers the surrounding area/cities to make up for the poor default msfs scenery in this area. My only Korean airport was samscene Busan Gimhae RKPK (not the greatest, but still 10x better msfs default) but Pacsim RKSI is a better “value” in my opinion given the size and scope. RKSI fills an important void in this area and I’m glad to have it.

2 Likes

Can anyone who purchased this scenery provide FPS details? Looking to purchase this one

I see this is on sale now 30% off, which makes it closer to a reasonable price. This is still expensive but does cover the entire area around the airport as well and given the size (11GB) FPS hit is not too bad. I still use this all the time as it’s such an important hub but needs to be used with something like fsltl injector to bring it to life with other aircraft.

Just bought this. Very good scenery!
But was getting no DME info from the ILS/LLZ 33R or 33L. Latest Navigraph database. Anyone else with same problem?

hi, I will double check it and if same here will notify Graham (the developer). For my recall DME was working.

Brilliant! I’ll re-check too if I get the time later, and maybe another aircraft. This was the pmdg 738.

Did some tests, all seems to be okay with the DME for both runways. If you still find it not working on your end please let me know so we can troubleshoot it.

1 Like

Yup. Works here now too. Tried C414 and pmdg738. Tnx!

1 Like

I cannot get the VGDS to work at this airport. I’ve installed the module correctly, vdgs is there but the screens do not turn on while approaching the gate.