[PacSim] RKSI - Incheon International Airport

Aviation hub for Korean Air and Asiana Airlines in Seoul, South Korea will be soon in MSFS.

Photos from their Facebook:

9 Likes

Dang that looks really good.

When is it coming out!?

Finally! Incheon imo is the coolest airport in the world. Awesome terminal and cool approaches and departures (including coming a few miles from North Korea then turning right over Seoul). The default version is so bad. Very excited for this.

As so someone who spends almost every weekend on that island, I can confirm that it looks perfect. I can clearly see all spots that I know personally including the beaches and Sky City (yes that is the name of that mini skyscraper town).
Super excited.

4K video of MSFS PacSim Incheon Airport:

Wow great video. Can’t wait.

Developer has stopped giving out updates since November. Their last screenshots look like it’s almost ready. Hope it comes out soon.

1 Like

(as posted on their Facebook)

Pacific Islands Simulation

Another quick update to let everyone know that we are now back in full development mode after nearly 4 months of broken SDK. We can now resume work on our RKSI project thanks to Asobo/Microsoft’s SU8 release yesterday.

Right after release of RKSI, there will be initial photos of KSLC in progress as they said. I cannot wait to fly Southwest Airlines PMDG 737 there! :grinning:

5 Likes

Any news on this one? It has been a while.

1 Like

The posted some screenshots last week so it’s still alive. But they did mention that they at this time cannot even give an estimate on the release window.

Thank you for the update. Glad the project is still progressing tho. Where did they post those screenshots?

1 Like

4 Likes

The fact that they are adding complete terminal interiors does scare me a bit. They should offer a second version without interiors so i won’t throw my FPS into a black hole.

1 Like

From Pacific Islands Simulation’s Facebook Sept. 23, 2022:

Folks, after a year and 7 months, we’ve finally completed the RKSI project. Except for a few items carried over from P3D, the MSFS version is a completely new airport project. Apart from creating terminals and concourse from scratch, there are new taxiways, runways (16 L/R-34 L/R), buildings within the airport periphery, new overnight parking, new deicing zones, new Cool Cargo Center mid-field, and added 3 types of Video Docking Guidance System (VDGS) typical to Terminal 1 (Safetdock T1), Terminal 2 (AIDA) and Concourse (Honeywell).

Here’s the full list of items:

1. Replaced Microsoft’s default ground textures with new orthoimagery reflecting real-world Incheon. Whole Incheon Island covered.

2. Added/removed vegetation (grass and trees) where required.

3. Added realistic coastlines using correct blending techniques.

4. Added Incheon Bridge (longest bridge in South Korea).

5. Added buildings and high rises at Songdo City/District.

6. Added wharf, fuel tank farms and buildings at coastal areas near Songdo and Incheon Island.

7. Added buildings and high rises at Incheon Island and near airport.

8. Added terminal buildings including terminal 1 and 2, satellite concourse, and air traffic control towers.

9. Added Freight terminals and airplane parking areas.

10. Added airport fire stations (south, east and west areas of the airfield).

11. Added airport catering buildings and service/maintenance buildings.

12. Added grunge work showing tire markings on runways and taxiways.

13. and much more.

5 Likes

Can’t tell you how excited I am about this! Thanks for putting in the extra effort and making it special.

So excited. Badly need the PMDG 777 or FBW A380 now to fully get the Incheon experience.

Did they state when it will release or it has just released?

Haha you don’t ask that question. You just wait.

They announced last November that they were a month away from release yet here we are :sweat_smile:

1 Like