Paris-Dakar Rally Race Day and Results Thread

LFPG - GQPA SimAir.io
GQPA - GOOY SimAir.io

3 Likes

Reminder to all racers: you have until the end of day today (Wednesday, July 7) to complete the rally and submit your time. For those who finished the race, I have tried to be diligent about logging every completion time, but please check the results spreadsheet below to confirm your time is listed and correct.

1 Like

My Simair loogbook

https://simair.io/logbook/SimX9442
Time: 03.07. 0600 am Z-04.07. 01:50z am

1 Like

@SeedyL3205 Can you subtract 2 hours for me? I landed in Dakar at about 12:15 Paris time that would be round about 28 hours and 15 minutes after the start in Paris :slight_smile: thank you very much

1 Like

The next race i have to play on my laptop! Is it possible to install the MSFS via Steam twice? Of course not playing paralelly. I take the laptop and the joystick with me on vacation! It would be too bad to miss this! Especially because I have only now seen who Terry Fox was? Awesome! I absolutely have to be there at the flight, my mother also died of cancer at the age of 37.

Fixed, thanks for pointing out the error.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

This is the last call to submit your times if you’ve completed the race. Anyone who doesn’t have a time logged within the next few hours will have their completion time set to the maximum, 96:00:00.

Also, this is a reminder that we’ll be hosting an event Closing Ceremonies and Awards Presentation on my Twitch channel at 8pm ET / 5pm PT / 0000Z tonight (Thursday, July 8). FactualGull and I will be joined on the discussion panel by race winner @ComicCrazy3, reporter/commenter @Forder1702, and participant and fellow MSFS streamer @CaptArash. There will be prizes! :slight_smile: Following the panel discussion, everyone is welcome to join us for a group flight from Dakar to Saint Louis during the daytime. See you there!

1 Like

Hi SeedyL… so there’s still time left till8pm ET tonight or is everything closed by now? I’ve just returned home from work and asking my self to take the flight for the remaining couple of hours. what do you think?

@MiniGolf3388757 Technically the race is finished, but if you can complete your race and submit your time within the next few hours, I’ll allow it. Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

alrighty… starting mystream and flight… thx

dammit, didn’t make it… lost in GMMH approx 540 nm away from Dakar… well… was a good chase and ride…

1 Like

F.

Sorry to hear that @MiniGolf3388757. :frowning: Even if you didn’t make it to the finish line, I hope you had a great time participating in this event. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Next one’s in September MiniGolf. We’ll cya there.

2 Likes

Hey La Mario

Yes, it was fun to fly to the Canaries with you. I studied the wind in advance and hoped for a tailwind. From the Canary Islands we had different flight routes. You went back to the land and I continued to follow the sea. After the Canaries the wind was only 19 knots and not 36 knots as before and the wind had turned west. Your way was the better. But it was a lot of fun with all the people and I’m looking forward to the next race with you and the other pilots.

Best regards and soon in the sky

fly and more

3 Likes

Yeah I was watching the wind all the way and I was considering your route but saw the wind change and followed it, at time down the coast I was get 30-35kt tailwinds I gained soooo much time back, I reckon if it hadn’t been for my fuel mess up and flying over most of Spain with my flaps down I could have been on for best of the DA40s, but hey ho, was my first serious flight and learnt a hell of alot from it. Can’t wait for the next leg.

Thanks again all.

1 Like

Final fundraising update:

You, the members of the Microsoft Flight Simulator community, donated OVER $9000 to Doctors Without Borders. I am in awe at your generosity! Thank you so much for all your support! <3

6 Likes

Dammit!!! Was away for my moms birthday and missed the deadline. Oh well, wouldn’t have won anything anyway.

But for those who want to know. :slight_smile:

https://simair.io/logbook/OldGrumpyGamer/

1 Like

@OldGrumpyGamer I’ll make sure your time is logged.

1 Like

@SeedyL3205

Thanks! Appreciate it!
And congrats on the $9K that got donated. That’s AWESOME!

1 Like

Thanks to SeedyL, FactualGull and the Community for this race. Everything is virtual, simulated, nothing really physical but the kindness, the fun and of course the 9K donation for the good cause are very real.

P.S. And lessons learned, next time I’ll take an aircraft with AP :wink:

2 Likes